Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Strawberry Report ..Thurs, 7-29
Or Maybe I shouldn't report...not much different from 2 weeks ago, or last week...Maybe gradually a little worse?? for me anyhow.....It is good to hear a success story from Strawberry once in awhile (esp. this year), but I believe the overall reality of it is, that it's just plain SLOW on success, if targeting Kokanee, compared to 2/3/4 years ago...As DuBob suggested in his Flaming Gorge report, reasons for this are probably similar at Strawberry....Anyhow, for yesterday, I was grateful for the attention the cutts gave us, at least from about 0630 to 0830....Unfortunately the water surface was close to whitecaps 'til we gave up at 1030, and I had a fairly newbie troller with me, so I had to have hands on the wheel almost constantly...and we did reel in some nice fish (kept one), but not 1 kokanee this day....So I couldn't take the time to change out our sets like I would normally do, when things did slow at 0830....What we caught was mainly those seen at 38 to 43' down, but we did try shallower and deeper at times....By 1030 we were closer to the marina, and it just wasn't fun fighting the waves anymore, and it's supposed to be fun...So we pulled out early....But I'll try another day, kokes or cutts okay...Guluk...
(07-31-2021, 12:21 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Or Maybe I shouldn't report...not much different from 2 weeks ago, or last week...Maybe gradually a little worse?? for me anyhow.....It is good to hear a success story from Strawberry once in awhile (esp. this year), but I believe the overall reality of it is, that it's just plain SLOW on success, if targeting Kokanee, compared to 2/3/4 years ago...As DuBob suggested in his Flaming Gorge report, reasons for this are probably similar at Strawberry....Anyhow, for yesterday, I was grateful for the attention the cutts gave us, at least from about 0630 to 0830....Unfortunately the water surface was close to whitecaps 'til we gave up at 1030, and I had a fairly newbie troller with me, so I had to have hands on the wheel almost constantly...and we did reel in some nice fish (kept one), but not 1 kokanee this day....So I couldn't take the time to change out our sets like I would normally do, when things did slow at 0830....What we caught was mainly those seen at 38 to 43' down, but we did try shallower and deeper at times....By 1030 we were closer to the marina, and it just wasn't fun fighting the waves anymore, and it's supposed to be fun...So we pulled out early....But I'll try another day, kokes or cutts okay...Guluk...

i was there saturday we caught 2 kokes 25 cutts very slow for sure ,it was nice to see rain though
I have been contemplating a day there this week. Since koke catching makes you work for them at least it has been a place to beat the heat. The season is drawing to an end soon enough.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF