Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rollin' Han Solo at Strawberry
For those of us not fortunate (or smart enough not) to be out fishing today.  This is the video of my solo trip up to Strawberry.  Fishing was definitely not fast and furious but was steady enough to keep you engaged.  Caught a couple of nice kokanee and my share of cutthroats.  It was a beautiful day and you might even enjoy all the gorgeous scenery.  Check out some of the tackle used in this episode.  The tube fly I used had great success is from Schindler's Fly Shack.  His products can be found on Facebook and some of my homemade spinners and dodgers did really well too.  Thanks for watching.  See you on the water!!!

https://youtu.be/VeBVTilB3aE

[Image: PXL-20210707-194411060.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210707-194418449.jpg]
Nice video, tks for posting...mind saying what day this was out on the water?
(07-31-2021, 11:33 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Nice video, tks for posting...mind saying what day this was out on the water?

Not at all.  It was Wednesday July 14th.  I think.....I'm pretty sure!!!  lol
(07-31-2021, 11:55 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 11:33 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Nice video, tks for posting...mind saying what day this was out on the water?

I have been meaning to ask how our various "Koke" experts prepare them. I tend to smoke them for no other reason than I like smoked fish. Do you have a favorite.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-01-2021, 05:05 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

I have been meaning to ask how our various "Koke" experts prepare them. I tend to smoke them for no other reason than I like smoked fish. Do you have a favorite.
 We like them best canned!
(08-01-2021, 05:05 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

I did a video of a catch and cook with my favorite recipe.  I like them different ways but a foil packet is the best.
I will go hunt for the video - txs
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Just in case here's the link.   Big Grin

https://youtu.be/3kUgzASrmeo
Grilled out on the bar B...skin on, olive oil, generous seasoning (lemon pepper, Soulful Seasoning, Blackened Seasoning, etc.) wrapped loosely in tin foil, pat or 2 of butter on each fillet, grill med. heat about 8 mins. in Summer, and 10 to 12 mins. Winter...hard to beat...
(08-01-2021, 05:05 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I have been meaning to ask how our various "Koke" experts prepare them. I tend to smoke them for no other reason than I like smoked fish. Do you have a favorite.
Almost any fish will taste delicious in this dish - ESPECIALLY trout & salmon.  You're welcome!   Big Grin

Baked Fish with Mushrooms

Prep time: 15 minutes  Bake time: 12 minutes  Oven Temp: 450⁰ F

1 pound fresh or frozen fish fillets or steaks, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced green onions (4)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Crushed Paprika

1. Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving-size pieces, if necessary. Arrange fish in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish, turning under thin edges. Sprinkle with salt.

2. In a small saucepan melt margarine; add mushrooms, onions, and thyme. Cook over medium heat till tender. Spoon mushroom mixture over fish; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, covered, in a 450⁰ F oven for 12 to 18 minutes or till fish flakes  easily with a fork. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts per serving: 143 cal., 7 g total fat (l g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 131 mg sodium, 1 g carbo , 0 g fiber, 19 g pro.
Daily Values: 10% vit A, 6% vit. C, 1% calcium, 5% iron
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."