Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith and Morehouse?
Has anyone been to Smith and Morehouse recently?  If yes, is there still enough water to safely launch a boat from the boat ramp?

Thank you.
I am going to be up that way wed. If nobody has a report. I will try to swing by and take a peek for you.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-03-2021, 12:06 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am going to be up that way wed. If nobody has a report. I will try to swing by and take a peek for you.

Thanks
I talked to a friend yesterday who has a cabin up there. Yes, you can still launch a boat at the ramp. He said that they  have to keep the reservoir at a certain level and cannot lower it past that. Some kind of water users agreement.
(08-06-2021, 04:28 PM)lovetofish Wrote: I talked to a friend yesterday who has a cabin up there. Yes, you can still launch a boat at the ramp. He said that they  have to keep the reservoir at a certain level and cannot lower it past that. Some kind of water users agreement.

Thank you!
Fished it from a tube week and a half ago. Only caught 6 dinker trout and no grayling. My boys only caught 1 each. Talked with a guy that had been there 4 days and caught 1 fish. With the heat i think the fish are deeper and we only had floating line on our fly rods. Was also my first trip there so didn’t really know what I was doing. It was a Saturday and we only saw that 1 fisherman, he was on a pontoon. Good luck.