Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to turn
Had another great weekend up at the Berry. Really enjoy the afternoon thundershowers. We can use all we can get for sure. My 7 year old granddaughter continued her big fish good luck aura. Didn't get a fillet board pic as both days we were in a big rush either doing it in a down our or racing to get done before it started. Caught quite a few very nice fish 20 - 21.5 inches this week with Luci landing the biggest and losing another right at the boat that was just as big only brighter. 
  Fish were once again in the 35 - 50 foot range but this week tequila sunrise colors in squids with spinners as well as beads and blades seemed best. Glow was best early and when it stayed dark and cloudy in the morning then switching to UV in the same color scheme worked well. 8 fish limits took us until noon the first day and 11:30 the second. Hopefully the numbers will start edging back to normal next year but based on the stocking data I don't expect them to. 
[Image: Luci-5-lbs.jpg]

[Image: image000001.jpg]
Sunrise on the water
Hey Todd,
It never ceases to amaze me how fast they turn.
I was up there exactly 7 days ago and they were 99% silver.
Congrats to granddaughter!
(08-02-2021, 06:24 PM)MrShane Wrote: Hey Todd,
It never ceases to amaze me how fast they turn.
I was up there exactly 7 days ago and they were 99% silver.
Congrats to granddaughter!

Caught one the week before that was red and pretty advanced also. Still lots of them very bright.
Sunrise on the water
Cherry Kokes!
Nice report and pics Todd, glad to hear someone is catching limits up there.
(08-03-2021, 12:49 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice report and pics Todd, glad to hear someone is catching limits up there.

It's a grind to get it done for sure. I'm sure Robert would be doing it if he stayed until afternoon but can't blame him for heading home for a nap when he's getting up at 3:00am.
Sunrise on the water