Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport deadport
Cookie and I swung up to Rockport this morning on a perch hunt for dinner. Said hi to Pat as he floated past to check on us. 

Fished east side - big rocky points about mid lake before the marina. Usually a great bass/ perch location, but down to 3-8 ft of water in my cast range from the bank. Pat said water  temp was 67-72 off the point we were on. 

We had a lot of bait munchers ( perch less than 5 inches) stealing  worms and chasing in our offerings, but no size worthy of the fry pan. 

Cookie got a few bass on the Patrick star certified whirly fligs - fire tiger color. My bites were on a yellow shell pugly perch bug. No trout.

Pat opted to float north in search of deeper water and better bigger sonar marks - i hope he found them. We opted to leave the dead hole and regroup for another day. If I went again I would go closer to the dam on some of the upper points. 

Tons of pelicans sunning but not fishing. I kept waiting for them to start rafting out and pointing out the fish to us. But alas they seemed more intent on their naps.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Well that's Sad but it confirmed what others have been saying, hopefully the catching will improve there this Fall. Glad you and Cookie at least got out and got some tugs. Did you happen to stop by East Canyon for a look see?
(08-04-2021, 10:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Well that's Sad but it confirmed what others have been saying, hopefully the catching will improve there this Fall. Glad you and Cookie at least got out and got some tugs. Did you happen to stop by East Canyon for a look see?

Nope but we are in Morgan right now eatn pizza and debating between LC, Echo or EC for an evening spin.

But you just reminded me I told Kent that I would drive up and check Smith MHouse and I forgot to this morning. Now he will never share his fishing secrets
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-04-2021, 10:57 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 10:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Well that's Sad but it confirmed what others have been saying, hopefully the catching will improve there this Fall. Glad you and Cookie at least got out and got some tugs. Did you happen to stop by East Canyon for a look see?

Nope but we are in Morgan right now eatn pizza and debating between LC, Echo or EC for an evening spin.

But you just reminded me I told Kent that I would drive up and check Smith MHouse and I forgot to this morning. Now he will never share his fishing secrets

No big deal on EC, I just got a PM from a member about EC, so no need for you to go up there unless you really want too. I'm not sure but I think we might be able to get a report on S & M by calling the forest service, they run the campgrounds up there don't they?