Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not too bad,Not real great
After a few words with Lynn this morning, on the ramp at LB, Vi and I got the boat in the water and headed for the Knowles again. We basically followed the same route as we had a couple weeks ago. We set the bow mount to cruse .7-.8 mph staying in 3.5- 4.5 f.o.w. We had the rods baited and set in the rod holders and in short time we began hooking up. We were in and out of fish most of the early morning, but we just couldn't find the quality of fish we saw the previous trip. Most of the fish throughout the the day were mostly 25 and 26 inchers. Vi did bring a 28" to the net. Not quite enough for a bump. Our larger fish we caught out in the openness, not many but much better.

As usual cut WB was  pulled behind some bling.

Now what to plan for the next trip??
Hey Richard -- sounds like a pretty successful day to me...are you staying away from Willard Bay?
(08-05-2021, 03:12 AM)r2u2 Wrote: After a few words with Lynn this morning, on the ramp at LB, Vi and I got the boat in the water and headed for the Knowles again. We basically followed the same route as we had a couple weeks ago. We set the bow mount to cruse .7-.8 mph staying in 3.5- 4.5 f.o.w. We had the rods baited and set in the rod holders and in short time we began hooking up. We were in and out of fish most of the early morning, but we just couldn't find the quality of fish we saw the previous trip. Most of the fish throughout the the day were mostly 25 and 26 inchers. Vi did bring a 28" to the net. Not quite enough for a bump. Our larger fish we caught out in the openness, not many but much better.

Thanks for the report! I'm glad you both had some good fish to play with, sometimes you have to sort through quite a few of them to find a big one. They are out there as you know. BTW, did you get the PM I sent you?
I would take them 28's all day long. Best we have pulled from Willard has been 26.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-05-2021, 03:32 PM)Piscophilic Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 03:12 AM)r2u2 Wrote: After a few words with Lynn this morning, on the ramp at LB, Vi and I got the boat in the water and headed for the Knowles again. We basically followed the same route as we had a couple weeks ago. We set the bow mount to cruse .7-.8 mph staying in 3.5- 4.5 f.o.w. We had the rods baited and set in the rod holders and in short time we began hooking up. We were in and out of fish most of the early morning, but we just couldn't find the quality of fish we saw the previous trip. Most of the fish throughout the the day were mostly 25 and 26 inchers. Vi did bring a 28" to the net. Not quite enough for a bump. Our larger fish we caught out in the openness, not many but much better.

Thanks for the report! I'm glad you both had some good fish to play with, sometimes you have to sort through quite a few of them to find a big one. They are out there as you know. BTW, did you get the PM I sent you?

Just ckecked. No PM

(08-05-2021, 03:30 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Hey Richard -- sounds like a pretty successful day to me...are you staying away from Willard Bay?

I keep talking about a return to Willard but with all the crazy weather we have had, heat included, I think Willard will probably on the list for Aug. or Sept.