Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Day at the Beach
Made a solo run to Lincoln Beach this morning. Got set up by 0600 and white bass had invaded the channel. Right after I was ready Lynn and one of his grandsons arrived. Good to see you again sir. Launched right after daylight . Tried to get some WB but didn't happen today. No problem launching. Headed toward the springs in 72 degree water dragging cherry chicken and WB from last year. Just before the first spring got my first kitty in 7 ft of water.
[Image: DSC00058.jpg] 
They were crazy bout that chicken so I stayed right there
[Image: DSC00062.jpg]

[Image: DSC00064.jpg]

Ended with 13 for today all on the chicken. This guy showed up and followed me all morning all the way back to the ramp,

[Image: DSC00077.jpg]

[Image: DSC00077.jpg]

[Image: DSC00076.jpg]

[Image: DSC00075.jpg]

[Image: DSC00064.jpg]

Funny bird for sure. Must have thought I was lonely or something
Looks to me that he was wanting some of those cheese crackers in your pocket.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Dont just share my cheese crackers with just anyone ya know.
Good to see you too, Lee and glad you got some good tugs. G-son and I made it to the Knolls and did okay but not fast and furious. I think we ended up with about 15. We looked for you on the way back but you had already left. Our best cat was a 29.5 which would have been a nice boost for my score but... yep, grandson caught it. Okay.

Your friend the goose accosted up as we returned to the launch ramp. I hope he is aware that duck/goose season is not far away. 

[Image: DSC01294.jpg]
I ran out of bait by 0915. That goose was a hoot. Glad yall did ok. Figured you went to the knolls. Glad you did well. Maybe one day I will get this picture thing figured out and can do some better pics.
(08-05-2021, 08:41 PM)lee! Wrote: I ran out of bait by 0915. That goose was a hoot. Glad yall did ok. Figured you went to the knolls. Glad you did well. Maybe one day I will get this picture thing figured out and can do some better pics.
Glad to hear that you had a good day...without perforations.  Hope Bobbi didn't see the pictures of your new feathery girlfriend.   Some things are just plain hard to explain.

Did you get a chance to check out the possibilities at the L?
No I didnt Pat. Never made it past the first spring.
(08-06-2021, 02:12 PM)lee! Wrote: No I didnt Pat. Never made it past the first spring.

Some problems are better than others.
Thanks for the nice report and pictures! I'm glad the cats liked your chicken better than fresh goose. That would have made an awful mess it they had attacked from underneath!
Very nice! What is the status of the algae bloom there?
Lee, good to see someone else is having great results on marinated chicken. Usually use strawberry jello, but the next batch will be made with cherry kool aid. A good shake off garlic powder never hurts.
(08-09-2021, 09:19 PM)Fishin_Fool78 Wrote: Very nice! What is the status of the algae bloom there?

Sorry for the late reply. I never saw any sign of the icky stuff thankfully.

(08-10-2021, 03:05 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Lee, good to see someone else is having great results on marinated chicken. Usually use strawberry jello, but the next batch will be made with cherry kool aid.  A good shake off garlic powder never hurts.

Hey Larry
   I shake garlic into it also. I use cherry jello . Cool aid will work too I bet