Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Reports in the Uintas
Hey Guys,

I am headed to the Uintas for a Backpack fishing trip. Hope to get into some rainbows and brook trout. I am getting on the Fehr lake trail and passing and ending up at Shepard, hoover, and Marshall lakes. It is a smaller trip bringing a couple young nephews I have, and my wife's first trip. (Really hoping this one goes well)  Big Grin

Does anyone have any idea how to get relatively accurate weather reports in more remote locations like the Uintas? The 3 different locations I am looking at vary wildly. 

I am looking at my Accuweather app, under "trial lake Campground, and Butterfly Campground (as close as I can get)
Google Weather
All trails weather report. 

For the weather for the next couple days they have discrepancies from each other over 25 degrees (One says the high is 43 degrees while the other says high closer to 68 to even 70 degrees and one of them says a higher chance of rain while the others say Sunny. 

Is there something People know that I don't? Or do you have to just suck it up and prepare for bad weather.
All of them reports sound about right. 40 - 80 with possible rain - yup that seems about right. Seriously though, I have not found anything better than the normal apps, so will be intrested to see what our members say. I know how dad use to pack when we went in on horses. Wear light have heavy in the panyards and keep the slicker close.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
The Uintas are famous for afternoon thunder showers. I would pack for the worst just to be safe. Especially rain gear and rain flies for the tents. Have fun and enjoy the cooler temps. Fly and bubble are a must to have along
When we go to Uintas, I use Mirror Lake for the search term. This usually give more results that have decent accuracy. Looks to be sunny but smoky and somewhat windy
https://www.nws.noaa.gov/wtf/MapClick.ph...it=0&lg=ep
Get a Garmin inReach. That will give you some weather capabilities while hiking in the Uintas. I've absolutely loved mine.
Marshall has decent brook trout at times. Throw 1/16 oz. marabou jigs on light line.