Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 31
Monday 9 Aug 21.  Launched at south marina just after 7 a.m. 
Had a fairly steady wind out of the north-east, chopping water just below the white cap stage. 

[Image: 095-Trip-31-9-Aug-2021.jpg]

Motored out to the east, about half way between feed lot tower and Freeway Bay and then north out over 9-10 fow, which is quite a ways out from the south wall now.  Set lines out, and drifted back towards the west with a very slight angle south. Right away had several hits that stripped the bait, but no hook. 
Took just over 2 hours before I boated first cat and that was almost directly north of the south marina buoy line over 7-8 fow.   Ran several more drifts in that area, some with no hits and two more that produced kitties.  Had planned to keep some Cats for the frying pan this trip, and about 1145 a.m. figured 3 was enough. 
Headed in and by 1230 had my days catch cleaned and bagged for the trip home. 

[Image: 099-Days-catch-kept.jpg]

Was only one other rig in the lot and I never saw that boat.  Water levels are getting lower.  South marina was 3-3.5 ft. deep. Channel going out was 3.5 to 6 ft. and once past the buoys and out about 200 yards water is 8-10 ft. depending how far out and in what direction.   

Going to make another trip tomorrow... Friday 13th... but I'm not superstitious  Cry . 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I'll add my little info. About today at willard.
Went out to see the island. It was under 3 feet and marked by three bouys. Found fish everywhere south, and east of the island. Hords of shad, schools everywhere . I even caught one, and quickly gave it to the birds.

Cowboy I took a picture for you.
[Image: IMG-4407.jpg]
(08-13-2021, 12:15 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: I'll add my little info. About today at willard.
Went out to see the island.  It was under 3 feet and marked by three bouys.  Found fish everywhere south, and east of the island. Hords of shad, schools everywhere . I even caught one, and quickly gave it to the birds.

Holy shadrap batman
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-13-2021, 12:15 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: I'll add my little info. About today at willard.
Went out to see the island.  It was under 3 feet and marked by three bouys.  Found fish everywhere south, and east of the island. Hords of shad, schools everywhere . I even caught one, and quickly gave it to the birds.

Oh, the email you sent - well the photo would not open. Was it this one?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-13-2021, 09:50 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

No it was the south west corner.  It's quit exposed,  the beach line.

For cowboy

[Image: Screenshot-20210813-155824-Gmail.jpg]
(08-13-2021, 09:53 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 09:50 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

No it was the south west corner.  It's quit exposed,  the beach line.

For cowboy

[Image: Screenshot-20210813-155824-Gmail.jpg]

Have not been to the backside for a while.thanks for the photo. Sure differnt than when I was last there