Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear Day at East Canyon
Smoke gone, at least for today..nice to see some blue sky...Being a little uncertain of ramp conditions, I didn't want to get there in semi-darkness, took our time, and launched about 0800..there were already about a dozen empty trailers in the lot, and more joined in the aquatic adventures after we launched....unfortunately only about 1/4 were fishing boats, so the surface got churned up no matter where you were on the water...Still....good to get out....I haven't fished here since my one unsuccessful event last year....so it was nice to have a fairly positive experience this morning....2 downriggers, 2 planer boards deployed...a few hits early at 18/19', then after more experimenting we actually caught 4 nicer 'bows, all around 30' down....both our planer boards were hit 2 or 3 times, about 23 to 28', but we didn't hook those good enough...still fun to see the planer board take off....No kokes, but these were hitting typical koke sets, and several did the jumps like a koke, so way more fun to catch than a cutt....all fish caught were with nite crawler piece on each hook...corn didn't work for us today...Guluk...
(08-13-2021, 01:31 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Smoke gone, at least for today..nice to see some blue sky...Being a little uncertain of ramp conditions, I didn't want to get there in semi-darkness, took our time, and launched about 0800..there were already about a dozen empty trailers in the lot, and more joined in the aquatic adventures after we launched....unfortunately only about 1/4 were fishing boats, so the surface got churned up no matter where you were on the water...Still....good to get out....I haven't fished here since my one unsuccessful event last year....so it was nice to have a fairly positive experience this morning....2 downriggers, 2 planer boards deployed...a few hits early at 18/19', then after more experimenting we actually caught 4 nicer 'bows, all around 30' down....both our planer boards were hit 2 or 3 times, about 23 to 28', but we didn't hook those good enough...still fun to see the planer board take off....No kokes, but these were hitting typical koke sets, and several did the jumps like a koke, so way more fun to catch than a cutt....all fish caught were with nite crawler piece on each hook...corn didn't work for us today...Guluk...

Thanks for the report Joe, glad you were able to get out and catch some fish. Sounds like our experience from earlier this week with those bows jumping out of the water like kokes and the power squad, starting early. I think we saw the first wake boarder at 7:30 am.
Last week before school + multiple closed ramps + and hot weather = lakes that resemble Hong Kong harbor for boat crowding.
That's what Jordy looked like yesterday when I drove by.
Boats everywhere and one lone troller out in the middle with wakeboards all around it.
(08-13-2021, 02:28 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Last week before school + multiple closed ramps + and hot weather = lakes that resemble Hong Kong harbor for boat crowding.

More like Subic Bay, 1970...