Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 8/11
If your needing some cut bait and/or you want your kids to have some fun catching fish then give Lost Creek a try. You can't go wrong.

We fished about 20 yards away from the boat ramp from shore and caught a bucket full of chubs. As soon as a worm hit the water it was fish on. We would put about a 1 inch piece of worm on for bait and you could catch 5 or 6 chubs using the same worm even when there was only 1/4 inch of worm left. There must be a ba-zillion of them in there. We fished from 4PM until 5:30 and had plenty for bait. They are all about 6 to 7 inches in length. We would cast out about 25 yards from shore using a 1/8 ounce split shot and size 6 hook to stop them from swallowing it and making it easy to unhook them.

If you wanted to launch a boat there is still ramp left to do so. But if your just going after chubs you don't need a boat.

Only other people on the lake were kayak and paddle boarders.

While taking our time driving out we saw a lot of deer feeding in the alfalfa. It was a nice relaxing ride. Sure is nice being retired and fishing weekdays.
Gona go chase some Lost Creek splake later this fall with some of them chubs. Are yours just for cats?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Cowboypirate Wrote:Gona go chase some Lost Creek splake later this fall with some of them chubs. Are yours just for cats?

No, I don't fish for cats. I got burned out fishing for cats as a kid with my dad. I got them for fall fishing at Strawberry. Best fishing of the year is just right around the corner.