Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 32
Got launched about 730 yesterday morning.  Water levels dropping. 

[Image: 0100-at-dock-13-Aug-2021.jpg]             [Image: 0101-mid-channel.jpg]         
at outside edge of dock                     at mid channel going out

[Image: 0102-Trip-32-13-Aug-2021.jpg]      [Image: 0103-Cat-1-CPR.jpg]

Started with nice breeze, set up my normal drift and had first hit just before 830.  Then had  to do some moving around to find another area that looked "fishy".    
Took almost 2 hours before 2nd Kitty decided it wanted my shrimp.  

[Image: 0104-Cat-2-CPR.jpg]

About 1100 a.m.  the breeze died and the bugs came up.  Figured at least I didn't have to take home a skunk and was just about decided to pack it up and head in, when rod in the bow rod holder, reel started screaming, not just a normal steady  click, but a sudden hit from dead stop to full on heading for Brigham City  Big Grin .  Bad attitude Daddy Cat took out probably 20 yards of line before I could get the drag tightened up.  Took about 5 min. to get him to the net, and no sooner did he drop onto the deck, he spit the hook out............. Confused   if he had done that 30 seconds sooner, I would have lost him.  But turned out he gave me a 1.5 inch bump on my Cat Contest score.  

Decided that was a good point to end the day on.   All kitties released. 

[Image: 0105-Cat-3-CPR.jpg]

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(08-14-2021, 02:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Got launched about 730 yesterday morning.  Water levels dropping. 

[Image: 0100-at-dock-13-Aug-2021.jpg]             [Image: 0101-mid-channel.jpg]         
at outside edge of dock                     at mid channel going out

[Image: 0102-Trip-32-13-Aug-2021.jpg]      [Image: 0103-Cat-1-CPR.jpg]

Started with nice breeze, set up my normal drift and had first hit just before 830.  Then had  to do some moving around to find another area that looked "fishy".    
Took almost 2 hours before 2nd Kitty decided it wanted my shrimp.  

[Image: 0104-Cat-2-CPR.jpg]

About 1100 a.m.  the breeze died and the bugs came up.  Figured at least I didn't have to take home a skunk and was just about decided to pack it up and head in, when rod in the bow rod holder, reel started screaming, not just a normal steady  click, but a sudden hit from dead stop to full on heading for Brigham City  Big Grin .  Bad attitude Daddy Cat took out probably 20 yards of line before I could get the drag tightened up.  Took about 5 min. to get him to the net, and no sooner did he drop onto the deck, he spit the hook out............. Confused   if he had done that 30 seconds sooner, I would have lost him.  But turned out he gave me a 1.5 inch bump on my Cat Contest score.  

Decided that was a good point to end the day on.   All kitties released. 

[Image: 0105-Cat-3-CPR.jpg]

Keep track of them Forest, I may need your help if the temperatures drop down to tolerable in the next two months.

rj