Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coho's anybody?
Shameful to even ask- was the bass hole near the halibutt hole?
I'll probably get a flag for piling on but I just can't help it. When you wrote something about the fight back I thought that might be about right for me and my honey!
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(08-14-2021, 11:51 PM)dubob Wrote: Just arrived in Sitka, AK this afternoon.  Be on the boat at 6:00 AM tomorrow.  News & Pictures to follow soon.   Big Grin

My youngest son and his family just got back, they had a blast, I have a friend and his family that have been there for a couple weeks and are doing very well both on a couple charters and shore line fishing.
We had some rockfish for dinner on Saturday.  That was a first for both of us; never had rockfish before.  They were e x c e l l e n tBig Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(08-24-2021, 03:00 PM)dubob Wrote: We had some rockfish for dinner on Saturday.  That was a first for both of us; never had rockfish before.  They were e x c e l l e n tBig Grin

Rockfish are a lot like walleye or perch, mild tasting and firm.  Much firmer than lingcod, which aren't a cod at all.  Lots of people like lings, I prefer rockfish.  Just one issue, they can have worms.
[Image: IMG-1832.jpg]
Single main, no kicker. Wink