Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB
Vi and I got out to Lb this morning about 0730, wanted to fish before the weather changed.

There was a boat being launched just ahead of us. I was not watching him as he pulled out, but I did hear him say to his pardner that he must have dragged his trailer axle at the bottom of the ramp as he heard and felt the scrape. Boaters beware!

When we came back in I could not see a lot of change in water depth throughout the channel (1.6-2.0) but did use more caution at the ramp than usual, watching the trailer carefully as I backed in. We got loaded up with no problems. I have a 16' Lund. With the boat loaded on the trailer still in the water, there is approximately three feet of ramp from the trailer wheel to the end of the ramp where it makes a drop, Vi estimated the drop to be a couple feet. She was probing with the boat hook.

Our catching was slow and the quality not so good as well. The largest at 27" and smallest 22" we finished the day at 1430 having released 14. Still dragging WB. Had a few chubs but decided to save them for another outing. We headed out toward BI then east and and then back. Most cats came from 6' a few at 5'.

A slow leisure day, no noise, no crazy boaters and calm water with an occasional light breeze.

rj
Thanks, good info. I hope to make a couple more trips after this coming weather change. I've had some bad experiences dropping my trailer off the end of the ramp. I've made a few changes on my trailer that should help if I drop off again. I have launched with water in the channel at about 1 to 1.5 deep using the electric to wiggle out the channel. A better launch is probably available at Provo. We'll see. Kayak or tube might be a better option now.

It ain't over yet.
Rj

No ski boats cause they can't launch or just good luck to have a quiet day?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the report. My 20' boat probably needs to be launched at provo. Especially with my luck as of late. You won't recognize me by my truck. I bought a new to me one. It's a 2007 dodge ram 2500 megacab diesel white in color. I traded of the old Ford f150 for it. So you'll have to look for that truck now
(08-18-2021, 02:57 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Thanks for the report. My 20' boat probably needs to be launched at provo. Especially with my luck as of late. You won't recognize me by my truck. I bought a new to me one. It's a 2007 dodge  ram 2500 megacab diesel white in color. I traded of the old Ford f150 for it.  So you'll have to look for that truck now

I'll keep my eye open for it (you)
I'm glad you got out and that you got off before the storms hit. I was outside earlier and the wind was scary! I might make it out this weekend after missing the last two. If the weather stabilizes like the guessers say, it should be good again early next week. I have to go when I can so well see about Saturday. I think you guys pulled us ahead of the Team North with the last couple of cats you posted, way to go and keep em coming!