Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Catfish
I love to fly fish, I'm a fly fishing guide and consider myself a purist but lately I have been loving catching catfish! It's a actually really fun and a nice change of pace. I live in cedar city so I go to Leigh Hill, Pruess, and have been looking for others. Does anyone know how the catfish in the Sevier river system are doing? i.e. Paiute, yuba, Gunnison bend? Or even the river itself? Thanks, you guys have helped the learning curve so much!
[Image: received-1146501659179749.jpg]

[Image: received-552915482521509.jpg]

[Image: received-2969020020012951.jpg]
I know there have been some nice cats taken out of the river between Yuba and GB this year. I dont know the river myself so can't help much on where, I can only tell you a few friends have got some very nice cats working their honey holes along that strech.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Lake Powell has Catfish
Ice_sled caught some channels in GB a few years ago. You can also catch white crappie, a rare species in Utah. It's on my bucket list. I think a lot of people who say they have caught all the game species in Utah have forgotten about them.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Pruess has been really good when its windy and there's oxygen in the water and really a waste of time on calm days, walk around to the west side and hit the rocky shorelines close to shore I think they're gorging on all the clams up shallow right now... shallow.... the lake is like 3 feet deep at the deepest spot. Worms have been doing best for me, I might have time between the 2-5th to cast a line again but its full hunt season right now so I havent been in a couple weeks but I drive by several times a day.
Also yuba has alot of food eater sized catfish and wiper, the river has been full with all the flooding lately I know in delta it was flowing hard this weekend so the fishing is probably pretty slow that direction. Dmad has cats but is extremely low and you can't go but a hundred yards past the outlet its fenced off for dam work. But there's still cats in there.