Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintah Mountain Trip- any reports?
Hello all, I am making a backpacking trip next weekend to the Uintahs with my newly married buddy, (essentially taking him on his honeymoon ??) before the college semester starts in the fall, and I was wondering if anyone has been up there lately. We're looking to get into middle to larger size fish, as well as the possibility for any grayling or golden trout. I have a few lakes picked out from the Provo and Duchesne drainages but the hard thing is choosing the path we will take and what drainage/basin to go in. We are trying to maximize the few days we have.  A PM would be appreciated. Thanks
With only two lakes in Utah that have Golden Trout, that limits your options for sure.
(08-22-2021, 06:13 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: With only two lakes in Utah that have Golden Trout, that limits your options for sure.

I know of 3 lakes that have Goldens in Utah.
(08-22-2021, 07:30 PM)bblake98 Wrote: [quote="Anglinarcher" pid="1123093" dateline="1629656005"]
With only two lakes in Utah that have Golden Trout, that limits your options for sure.

I know of 3 lakes that have Goldens

Please do not name numbers 3 and 4!
Lake Atwood and the surrounding area is pretty awesome. You could set up a base camp and hike into dozens of lakes and ponds with all kinds of trout.
(08-22-2021, 09:48 PM)BG1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 07:30 PM)bblake98 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 06:13 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: With only two lakes in Utah that have Golden Trout, that limits your options for sure.

I know of 3 lakes that have Goldens

Please do not name numbers 3 and 4!
Don't worry, I'm one of the last people to give out locations.
Hey Bryton, sounded like you might could use info on planning your routes? If that is the case I really like the hillmap application on the computer... Just use a google search and get into hill map, it will let you pull up two maps side by side (I like satellite and a topo) so you can figure out where you want to go. It will tell you distances and pitches so you know the elevation gained in the route... I have really liked this program for many of my trips over the years... Good luck... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!