Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Strawberry Kokanee trip of the season
I took a couple college buddies from out of state to the Berry; we caught a few kokes and a number of cutthroat from 6:30-11:30am. The cutthroat really liked my watermelon colored sling blade and bead and blade set up. The Kokes liked white and pink beads with a Dakota blade and 5.5” reflective pink and chrome sling blade. We caught them from 38-48’ down going between 1.3-1.8mph. Looking at the calendar this will be my last Kokanee trip of the year to Strawberry it was not my most productive year but I did get to fish with a bunch of great folks and meet new people. The crawfish boil was great and I look forward to doing it again.
[Image: 5-BA20932-DECE-4-F5-A-A1-D4-E70-A3-A5-BC3-F1.jpg]

[Image: 54843482-18-F9-4-E50-9260-BDE5-F3-D623-B4.jpg]
Sounds like a good time with some friends, too bad the catching was so poor for the kokes. That is a cool image on your second pic, what do you think that is, some sort of glare off the fish?
So if you are done at the berry, where will we find you floating next?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-23-2021, 04:01 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: So if you are done at the berry, where will we find you floating next?

Just done chasing kokes as my calendar is pretty full with family stuff, I may get back out to the Berry once or twice for the fall cutthroat fishing before I put the boat away for the winter and I may get out to Willard before I start my ice season around Halloween at Henrys.
(08-22-2021, 07:15 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I took a couple college buddies from out of state to the Berry; we caught a few kokes and a number of cutthroat from 6:30-11:30am. The cutthroat really liked my watermelon colored sling blade and bead and blade set up. The Kokes liked white and pink beads with a Dakota blade and 5.5” reflective pink and chrome sling blade. We caught them from 38-48’ down going between 1.3-1.8mph. Looking at the calendar this will be my last Kokanee trip of the year to Strawberry it was not my most productive year but I did get to fish with a bunch of great folks and meet new people. The crawfish boil was great and I look forward to doing it again.
[Image: 5-BA20932-DECE-4-F5-A-A1-D4-E70-A3-A5-BC3-F1.jpg]

[Image: 54843482-18-F9-4-E50-9260-BDE5-F3-D623-B4.jpg]

Been driving by there for the past couple weekends scouting and setting up camp for the archery hunts, seems to be getting alot of pressure in the triangle area I assume for Kokes.