Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Monday, 8-23
Not a terribly exciting A.M. fishing report for today, but when I do get the chance to get out, I usually try to get out a report...Hope we get more reports from all....Even if you're not giving a terribly exciting fishing report.....it's better than no fishing report, IMO....Sometimes it's just plain fun/good/instructional to read these reports, even if we're not talking of 'Limits' or the Giant of a Lifetime.......SO...this A.M. I took a newbie to East Canyon, hooked him up with all my gear, Downrigger for each, and 1 extra planer board out... I did let him use my most productive trout (sometimes koke) catching set, 'Pink Metallic Squid' w/Smile blade, about 15" behind a 16" set of homemade trolls...he kept this on all A.M., as it worked while the bite was on (about 0730 to 0930)...He was about 26' down, got 5 or 6 good hits, and connected on 3 nice 'bows, all around 16"ers....When I got the chance, I experimented with 5 or 6 other lures, different depths, but only had 1 solid hit, slowly reeling in an okay 15"er..All lures were tipped w/small pc of nite crawler, and a little squirt of Berkeley scent..For a 'Full Moon' trip, I think we did alright...Long way down the ramp, and narrow, so only 1 boat can launch/retrieve at a time...not much traffic out there today, but still 1 or 2 water skier boats, and a couple personal craft chasing around...surface water quality was poor as heading into the opening toward Taylor's Fork, with lots of green/brown algae sludge...I guess the guy driving the water skier around in that area was going too fast to notice...Guluk...
Did the bows have the normal summer parasites that always seem to show at EC this time of year?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Its been a good couple of years since I've been fishing at Easy Canyon. Been thinking about hitting once the weather cools off to the point the lake lice disappears. Its a fun place to wet a line for a day out.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
The ones we caught (and week and a half ago) all appeared healthy and clean of any parasites .. I'm familiar with that showing up, esp. as you may be cleaning/filleting/skinning any fish...nothing seen as I showed my friend this process..and of course had him 'butcher up' one of his in this training session..never learn some things if you just watch...May be taking my granddaughter on Thurs...don't know how much further down the ramp goes, but ok as of Monday...Guluk..
My last two trips to East produced about the same results as you had.
I was pleasantly surprised at the absence of parasites on the Trout.

East is the closest open water for me right now so I will probably hit it a few more times this season, as long as I can launch.