Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on BFT that has been willing to help me out and teach me over the years. I’m not a very good student, I have a stubborn streak and like to do things my way to a fault. But I’m starting to see your lessons are sinking in. The other day at Hyrum I realized maybe I had been listening when Pat showed me how to fillet fish. We had 20 or so fish and that used to take me forever to get through a batch like that. Instead it was zip, zip,zip repeat. Squirt Greg and repeat. Didn’t take long at all to get a really nice pile of fillets. Thanks Pat. Also found I was using a drop shot rig that I forget who showed me how to do that and I was tying my hooks on with Palomar knots and tipping my jigs with sweetener. Don’t think I used any of these before I started hanging out with you guys. Not to mention smoking my fish or pigout chowder. Yup you guys have taught me a lot. Just wanted to say thank you. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
As the butcher said to the apprentice, "Now you're loining."
That's kinda what the Utah board has always been about...caring and sharing.  I think I can honestly make the statement that there are few people from whom I do not learn something useful...and few anglers with whom I have fished that I have not been able to glean something from the association.  To me...and apparently to you...life (and fishing) is about the journey and not only the destination.  Sadly, too many people wander through life with closed minds and bad attitudes...and complain about everything.

Happy if I have been able to contribute to shortening your learning curve.  I have had many mentors and helpful fishing buddies over the years that have helped me along the way.  I would be an ungrateful wretch if I failed to pay it forward when I had a chance.

And, for what it's worth, you are a good student "Grasshoppah".  (Apologies to the old Kung Fu series)
Thanks Pat, I think a big portion of my learning points back to you, from pontoon set ups, cooking, lure and rod making, to trolling for catfish, it's been a blast learning how to do things that I didn't know would work... I love to troll, but didn't ever think a catfish would take a trolled lure... Man was that fun when I first started to catch those cats in shallow water while trolling... They fought like alligators on the line... that was a fun thing to learn how to do... wonder why I haven't done more of that this year... Oh yeah been farming too much... Jim (Pisco) helped me get my electric motor set up so I could dial in any speed I wanted to go, as long as it was slower than top speed for my motor... also liked his Santee rig posts so I figured out how to do that this summer... Some times it works really well... sometimes other methods do... Nice to have a bag of tricks to try... Anyway, lots of learning and I appreciate all that have helped me out... Thanks and Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!