Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow day at Willard North
Met
 Pat this morning at Willard North . The boat ramp is pretty bad but boats are still able to launch at part of it if careful.

[Image: DSC00087.jpg]

[Image: DSC00088.jpg]

The water temp was 70 when I got on the water and warmed to 71 when I left bout 1045.

The fishing was very slow for me. I only managed one kitty on marinated chicken but thats better than a skunk any day. Nothing wanted my crawlers today.

[Image: DSC00092.jpg]

[Image: DSC00092.jpg]

dont know why that pic posted twice.

The water was calm the whole time and no wind at all. Only a couple boats were on the water but more were arriving when I left.
The weather was good, company was good, and the tugging I managed was good also. Not sure how Pat did but be assured it was better than me.
Good we were able to make it out.  It was a nice weather day...even if a bit smoky.  Thanks, California.

If you would have answered your email I would have brought you some LHBE minnows.  
Ah man, I wanted to join you guys today. I'll run up and give it a shot tomorrow. Next time, you'll kill them.
Lee. How's that hand doing after your fight with old whiskers last time?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-26-2021, 10:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Good we were able to make it out.  It was a nice weather day...even if a bit smoky.  Thanks, California.

If you would have answered your email I would have brought you some LHBE minnows.  

comcast has been messing with emails the last few days. advised me the problem should be fixed this weekend
Cowboy my hand is ok. The spine broke off in my finger right in the knuckle but got a little infected when I dug it out. Its still swollen but that just makes it easier for the a--hole drivers to see when I show it to them. hehe
(08-27-2021, 05:31 PM)lee! Wrote: Cowboy my hand is ok. The spine broke off in my finger right in the knuckle but got a little infected when I dug it out. Its still swollen but that just makes it easier for the a--hole drivers to see when I show it to them. hehe

Thanks for the report and pics, glad to see the water level isn't as low as i've seen it before. i called up pineview secondary water the other day and found out they are shutting it off on Sept 10, so hopefully Willard won't go down too much more.
(08-28-2021, 12:52 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 05:31 PM)lee! Wrote: Cowboy my hand is ok. The spine broke off in my finger right in the knuckle but got a little infected when I dug it out. Its still swollen but that just makes it easier for the a--hole drivers to see when I show it to them. hehe

Thanks for the report and pics, glad to see the water level isn't as low as i've seen it before. i called up pineview secondary water the other day and found out they are shutting it off on Sept 10, so hopefully Willard won't go down too much more.

I hope so too. My motor drug a bit in 6 ft ow on a hump that is normally 8 ft. Didnt notice the depth changed to one foot as i was passing over it. Usually catch 1 or 2 there but none there that day. Really got to be careful these days.
There are several rocky ridges out off the north marina and Eagle Beach that can be a hazard to boats and tubers at low water.  I have found a few of them while going slowly.  Got to enjoy the spectacle of a ski boat buzzing me back in the cove at Eagle Beach and losing it's whole transom.  Sadly, I did not have a cell phone with which to call for help for them. 

[Image: ROCKY-S-REEF.jpg]
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]