Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard North 8\31
It's been a month since I've had the kayak out to Willard. Went this morning and fished from 8:30 to 11:00. Fishing was slow until about 9:30 then it picked up.  Caught 9 or 10 kitties and missed a bunch other pop and drops.  Sorry, not sure what depth I fished. Left the finders battery at home.  Used my last piece of bait just before I re-entered the marina.  All fish were caught on Santee rigs tipped with chub chunks. Couple guys fishing the mouth of the marina on the north side and one on the south. Should have pulled my lines as I went by. Hooked one of their lines.  If you're reading this, sorry and thanks for unhooking us. As reported earlier, lots of dead floating chubettes. One single axle boat trailer in the parking lot so if you're brave, it's still useable.
(08-31-2021, 07:16 PM)FatBiker Wrote: It's been a month since I've had the kayak out to Willard. Went this morning and fished from 8:30 to 11:00. Fishing was slow until about 9:30 then it picked up.  Caught 9 or 10 kitties and missed a bunch other pop and drops.  Sorry, not sure what depth I fished. Left the finders battery at home.  Used my last piece of bait just before I re-entered the marina.  All fish were caught on Santee rigs tipped with chub chunks. Couple guys fishing the mouth of the marina on the north side and one on the south. Should have pulled my lines as I went by. Hooked one of their lines.  If you're reading this, sorry and thanks for unhooking us. As reported earlier, lots of dead floating chubettes. One single axle boat trailer in the parking lot so if you're brave, it's still useable.

Glad you got out and were successful Larry. Weather permitting Friday will be my outing day. Not sure if it will be Willard or Lincoln beach. 
Gotta get out and catch some chubs this week also.
Lee, if you're headed this way on Friday, let me know. I'm busy the next couple days but Friday I'm fishing.
(09-01-2021, 12:53 AM)FatBiker Wrote: Lee, if you're headed this way on Friday, let me know.  I'm busy the next couple days but Friday I'm fishing.

sure will