Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day on yuba 9/2
The main boat launch is looong but still good. I backed in the water with good concrete. 

[Image: 20210902-074408.jpg]

Looks like straight across from the boat ramp there are several large new lodges with extra space for trailers and more buildings being built. Maybe vacation getaway being built. It's just across the dam.

That is where we were able to get lots of wipers to bite..

[Image: 20210902-111931.jpg]

[Image: 20210902-092552.jpg]

Wipers were all we could catch. Tried for several hours for walleyes, started with bb and crawlers. Switched to lots of crank baits..

The water was full of fish, everywhere.  

[Image: 20210902-094914.jpg]

We mover down the lake to the narrows where the depths were only 10 ft.  In fact the deepest was 19 feet right in front on the dam. Most of the water was18 to 12 ft.
[Image: 20210902-105221.jpg]

[Image: 20210902-105051.jpg]
Fish were everywhere but could only catch fish by the dam.
Found some good structures.    ill
Fish those latter.

[Image: 20210902-083334.jpg]

Good day but no walleyes....
picture hosting sites
Fish cleaning station not working, good water no grinder..
Meant to thank you earlier for your report. It was inspiration for me to get down there. On Saturday, the west half of the ramp at Oasis was closed due to a sharp drop off.

jack of all tackle, master of none
(09-07-2021, 03:43 PM)joatmon Wrote: Meant to thank you earlier for your report.  It was inspiration for me to get down there.  On Saturday, the west half of the ramp at Oasis was closed due to a sharp drop off.

Very interesting,  I tried vertical jigging,  tipped my jigs with a worm. Drifted watched sonar and dropped down to them. Did that for 1 hour. 
Our success was trolling flicker minnows, and Rattle traps, in front of the dam. I think they were walleyes on the bottom but no takers.
(09-07-2021, 04:15 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 03:43 PM)joatmon Wrote: Meant to thank you earlier for your report.  It was inspiration for me to get down there.  On Saturday, the west half of the ramp at Oasis was closed due to a sharp drop off.

Very interesting,  I tried vertical jigging,  tipped my jigs with a worm. Drifted watched sonar and dropped down to them. Did that for 1 hour. 
Our success was trolling flicker minnows, and Rattle traps, in front of the dam. I think they were walleyes on the bottom but no takers.

Yeah, I marked quite a few right on bottom too, but only caught one 16" catfish down there.  I could get the fish to come off the bottom, but they would look and hastily retreat.  I tried some chub cut bait, but absolutely no interest in that from anything in the lake.  Maybe if I had taken some perch or had some minnows?  

I've only caught a couple of walleye and they were accidental catches while targeting something else at Utah Lake and Deer Creek.  Another species to figure out someday...

jack of all tackle, master of none