Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBC at Lost creek
Wiperslayer and I got up to Lost creek today and it was nothing but cutts and chubs, arrived around 7:30 am and left around 1:30 pm. Water temp was 64 to 66 degrees. We trolled all around the dam and all we caught was chubs, so we headed to the back of the lake and finally started catching some cutts, biggest cutt was over 18" and a couple at 16" but the rest were between 11 and 12", got 12 cutts and then stopped and jigged for 22 chubs. Only one other boat on the lake and a few shore fishermen. Saw lots of deer on the drive in and a few turkeys, saw a couple of osprey and a couple of eagles. Nice day up there today.

[Image: LCpic3.jpg]

[Image: LCpic4.jpg]

[Image: LCpic2.jpg]

[Image: LCpic5.jpg]

[Image: LC-pic6.jpg]

[Image: LCpic7.jpg]
(09-03-2021, 02:53 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wiperslayer and I got up to Lost creek today and it was nothing but cutts and chubs, arrived around 7:30 am and left around 1:30 pm. Water temp was 64 to 66 degrees. We trolled all around the dam and all we caught was chubs, so we headed to the back of the lake and finally started catching some cutts, biggest cutt was over 18" and a couple at 16" but the rest were between 11 and 12", got 12 cutts and then stopped and jigged for 22 chubs. Only one other boat on the lake and a few shore fishermen. Saw lots of deer on the drive in and a few turkeys, saw a couple of osprey and a couple of eagles. Nice day up there today.

[Image: LCpic3.jpg]

[Image: LCpic4.jpg]

[Image: LCpic2.jpg]

[Image: LCpic5.jpg]

[Image: LC-pic6.jpg]

[Image: LCpic7.jpg]
Thanks for the report.  We found the cutts up that end of the lake as well.  It looks like the lake has dropped a little more since we were there last week.  

I worry about the number of chubs in the lake.  Seems like they are taking over.  I hope it doesn't get to the point that they have to treat it. I know they are planting predatory trout, but is it enough?
Sounds like a fun little venture, you guys seem to find lots of fun trips... thanks for the reports... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(09-03-2021, 04:17 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 02:53 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wiperslayer and I got up to Lost creek today and it was nothing but cutts and chubs, arrived around 7:30 am and left around 1:30 pm. Water temp was 64 to 66 degrees. We trolled all around the dam and all we caught was chubs, so we headed to the back of the lake and finally started catching some cutts, biggest cutt was over 18" and a couple at 16" but the rest were between 11 and 12", got 12 cutts and then stopped and jigged for 22 chubs. Only one other boat on the lake and a few shore fishermen. Saw lots of deer on the drive in and a few turkeys, saw a couple of osprey and a couple of eagles. Nice day up there today.
Thanks for the report.  We found the cutts up that end of the lake as well.  It looks like the lake has dropped a little more since we were there last week.  

I worry about the number of chubs in the lake.  Seems like they are taking over.  I hope it doesn't get to the point that they have to treat it. I know they are planting predatory trout, but is it enough?
It was for sure a little mucky on the ramp but we never ran out of ramp or could we did not see the end of it. The report was that they planned to work on that ramp to make it wider, what better time to do it than now, sure hope they follow through and start soon.  There has always been a bunch of chubs in LC, they are just in a smaller area now, so it seems like there are more of them. What surprised me was that biggest cutt was so skinny, with all the food to eat you would think they would all be fat.
(09-03-2021, 12:46 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sounds like a fun little venture, you guys seem to find lots of fun trips... thanks for the reports... Jeff

Thanks Jeff, it makes it a lot easier when you can pick and choose the days we plan on getting out and we are blessed with a lot of lakes to fish in our area.