Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schofield on Labor day
Went up to Schofield to get away from the crowds. Only saw 7 other boats on the lake and several groups fishing from the shore. Over by the island and boy scout camp the water was as thick and green as split pea soup. I think it was so thick the fish finder couldn't pick up any fish. We caught several 10-12 inch cuts. All were caught in the top 3-5 ft of the water column. Water temp was in the mid 60s. The green slime was hard to get off of the boat.
As we fished towards Madsen bay the water cleared up some. Still only caught the small cuts.  Seems like the fish haven't grown since they were planted. No chubs were harmed today.

No problems launching a boat at the main ramp.

Lots of birds were enjoying their holiday time on the island.

[Image: klam-pea-soup.jpg]

[Image: klam-bird-island.jpg]
Are you able to see the pic I attached in your post? If you are, you need to start using this method below for adding your pics, here is how you do it:
1. Right below where you type your post you will see, "Add image to post", click on that box.
2. A new box will open and you will see, "browse from your computer", click that and it should open up the pics in your device.
3. Click on the pic you want to add, then on the bottom you will see open, click that button.
4. A new box will open and the pic you selected will be in it, then just click on the "upload" button and your pic should appear in your post. 

You can add as many pics as you want with this method.
The method you used was only temporary method until the method I posted above was fixed.
There are two different servers used on BFT, one that host the pics on this site and the other is only for adding text and PDF files. The one you used was only meant for files and if it fills up too fast because of members posting pics the owner will need to start deleting old post that have pics in them because they use too much space in the server. Before the old site was shut down, this was a problem we were having, so that was why they made this change on this new site, thanks for understanding.

Thanks for the report and pics on Schofield, I think a few of us have been wondering how that lake was doing this year.
Thanks for the report. May have to get up there this fall after the algae disappears.

jack of all tackle, master of none