Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach
Made a solo run to the beach this morning arriving at 0630. Nobody there but me. Started setting up to no wind or bugs. Just before seven a boat showed up and launched with no problem. Sounded like he motored out to to the L and stopped there.
 I launched right at seven on the north side of the ramp. Pushed the tube out to the end of the ramp which was bout ten ft or so. the sonar was showing 1.9 ft of water and stayed between that and 2.3 out the channel. Turned north and got into 5 fow dragging cherry chicken and white bass chunk

[Image: DSC00095.jpg]

This one took the chicken right at 0715 in 5 ft of water

[Image: DSC00096.jpg]

this one bit bout 15 minutes later same spot

Slowed down for the next 45 minutes. lots of big S turns but nothing showed up.

[Image: DSC00097.jpg]

This one came to play with the chicken in seven ft of water. That was it for rest of the morning. Had 2 more hooked but they saw my ugly mug and got off right at the tube.  The water temp was 71 in the channel but cooled to 70 in the main lake. Hit a rock bout 50 yrds from the channel and did something to the motor . It would still spin but not propel . Thought I lost the prop  but it was still there back at the ramp. If you go there be careful. I do have another 40 lb thrust motor. Will work on getting the other one fixed ASAP.
Good job Lee. Picked up four this morning at Willard Bay. Like you it was really lonesome.
(09-07-2021, 09:57 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Good job Lee.  Picked up four this morning at Willard Bay. Like you it was really lonesome.

I kinda enjoyed the solitude .  Pretty day gentle water lots of quiet. Other than the motor it was great. water dropped much up there Larry?
(09-07-2021, 10:02 PM)lee! Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:57 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Good job Lee.  Picked up four this morning at Willard Bay. Like you it was really lonesome.

I kinda enjoyed the solitude .  Pretty day gentle water lots of quiet. Other than the motor it was great. water dropped much up there Larry?

Nice report Lee. I should have been down there. I paid to camp until Wednesday. Do you guy's think the water level is going to hold up? Do you think it has stopped dropping for the year? Or do I need to get right back while I can still launch at LB?
Randy I had no problem launching at all. I should have came in the same way I went out. When I got out bout 20 yarns from the mouth of the channel is where I headed north. When I came in I was a bit further to the south. If you pay attention should be fine but stay with  what works. You in a boat or what Larry?  As far as the depth holding is any ones guess. I will leave  that  to the ones that know.
Hopefully on your motor maybe you just broke the shear pin. It’s designed to fail before the gears or prop breaks if it’s broken the motor can spin but the prop won’t.
Good luck and hope it’s a simple fix for you!
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(09-08-2021, 03:18 AM)Mildog Wrote: Hopefully on your motor maybe you just broke the shear pin. It’s designed to fail before the gears or prop breaks if it’s broken the motor can spin but the prop won’t.
Good luck and hope it’s a simple fix for you!

thank you sir. hope thats all it is

No problem for kayak and float tubes.  Folks are still launching boats at both marinas. Personally, the boat is in the barn for this year and will continue fishing from the kayak.   My secondary water comes from Willard and it's being turned off the 15th of September.  Not sure when the farmers lose their water but hopefully we're about to the end of the big drawdown.
(09-09-2021, 01:36 PM)FatBiker Wrote:

No problem for kayak and float tubes.  Folks are still launching boats at both marinas. Personally, the boat is in the barn for this year and will continue fishing from the kayak.   My secondary water comes from Willard and it's being turned off the 15th of September.  Not sure when the farmers lose their water but hopefully we're about to the end of the big drawdown.
Hope the water levels hold for sure. I will most likely do Lindon early next week then the North Marina after that. Or vice versa.