Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FALL IS IN THE AIR!!!
Don't know about you guys, but I've got some major fall brain! I'm tying up a storm getting ready for my favorite fall waters. The brown spawn will begin up North the end of this month, and I've got plans to be in my favorite spots come mid Oct. The flows should be great this year, no wash outs with Winter pool draw downs given the law water levels. Also can't wait for the Berry and those incredible 100+ fish fall days! Not to mention my local Southern UT waters despite their low water levels this summer, should still be stellar this fall and the fish even more condensed! Yeppeee!
Easy Cowboy - don't let him get ya so excited that ya piddle like a puppy thinking about fall tugs.

Wife says shame on ya Richyd4u - and added i won't be worth a cowpie for a couple month after reading that ( she used a differnt word)
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-08-2021, 09:59 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Easy Cowboy - don't let him get ya so excited that ya piddle like a puppy thinking about fall tugs.

Wife says shame on ya Richyd4u - and added i won't be worth a cowpie  for a couple month after reading that ( she used a differnt word)

Too late, already done piddled! Fall is my jam...can't wait!
I happen to live 100 feet from otter creek reservoir and love to fly fish sevier river. If you want to come on down we can rip some lips.
Rusty.hook
(09-10-2021, 09:21 PM)Rusty hook Wrote: I happen  to live 100 feet from otter creek reservoir  and love to fly fish sevier river. If you want to come on down we can rip some lips.
Rusty.hook

Oh nice! Love me some Otter Creek, although it's a dark time for that reservoir right now. I've always wanted to hit the Sevier! When's the best time to hit it? I imagine with brownies in it, that it's a great summer hopper/dropper stream...
You are right, it's dark times, water is at 15%some of the sevier loos good but I have not fised it as it is muddy drove us from junction on 153 to the lakes above beaver fishing was good December the work on the damwill be completed so let's hope we have a good winter to get the water up April and may fishing from shore is always good. They are predicting a good ice fishing this winter
Heading back up to my honey hole this weekend, taking my Uncle from SLC. I've been up there the last few weekends and it just keeps better and better with the colder weather. I had an epic day up there last weekend with big numbers and some big fish! The leaves are changing colors, the air is cold and crisp, eagles and ospreys are everywhere...doesn't get much better. My favorite time of year. I'll get some pics posted after this weekends trip.
(09-30-2021, 04:47 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Heading back up to my honey hole this weekend, taking my Uncle from SLC. I've been up there the last few weekends and it just keeps better and better with the colder weather. I had an epic day up there last weekend with big numbers and some big fish! The leaves are changing colors, the air is cold and crisp, eagles and ospreys are everywhere...doesn't get much better. My favorite time of year. I'll get some pics posted after this weekends trip.

My Uncle and I had a great time this Sat. The weather and scenery couldn't have gotten any better! Lots of fish for both of us, with lots of fat and healthy fish. Just hoping for some heavy snow packs this winter to keep them happy next year. Caught three of the four species up there...haven't caught a brookie in a few trips, don't know where they have gone to, but they are the smallest of the species up there right now, so no worries about that. Fun times!

[Image: Screenshot-20211002-191707-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20211002-191518-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20211002-191627-Gallery.jpg]
Wow, those bows are fat, thanks for posting about your trip. Unless it's a secret, what flies were working best for you?