Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
Approximately 7,500 12 inch Rainbows were planted in Rockport today. With the size of the reservoir being down so low it should make for some pretty good ice fishing this year......if it ever cools down to freeze over....97 degrees today.

I watched a video of them planting them and at first I thought where would they be planting that many Rainbows in such dirty water but it was on the boat ramp. There is so much silt on the ramp that it muddied up the water pretty good.
(09-10-2021, 12:35 AM)lovetofish Wrote: Approximately 7,500 12 inch Rainbows were planted in Rockport today. With the size of the reservoir being down so low it should make for some pretty good ice fishing this year......if it ever cools down to freeze over....97 degrees today.

I watched a video of them planting them and at first I thought where would they be planting that many Rainbows in such dirty water but it was on the boat ramp. There is so much silt on the ramp that it muddied up the water pretty good.

Thanks for the info. They are predicting a colder than normal Winter, so we might have ice by Thanksgiving Undecided.