Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard North 9\13
Got out to the north marina and had the kayak in the water be 8:00.  Threw out the first rod 30 feet from the ramp and before I could get the second baited and deployed, the first rod did the happy dance.  Second catfish caught just as I was leaving the marina.  I thought it was going to be one of those days even I could catch a gazillion fish. Turned out not to be. By the time I left at noon eight kitties had been caught and released. Spread over four hours that's a fish every thirty minutes.  Pretty much, that's how it worked.  Fish were spread out and I'd drag my baits a ways between them.  All fish were caught slowly pulling a Santee rig at about .5 MPH.  One rod was tipped with a chub chunk and the other with a piece of chicken.  Today, the chicken out performed the chub 5 to 3.  Usually, the chub does a little better than the chicken. Of note, the biggest fish today was 26 inches. Not much by Utah lake standards but it was my biggest one this summer.  TD keeps telling me about the glory days at Willard where a ten pounder wasn't unusual.

[Image: IMG-20210913-094629149-HDR.jpg]
Glad you got some tugs at least. Hd the water level dropped much from your last trip there. That chicken has become one of my favorite baits.
Strawberry and Cherry.
I hadn't been to the north marina in a week. Looking at the new Island in the marina I'd guess it's dropped another 2 or 3 inches. Plain Citys secondary water was cut off last week, but it looks like the farmers are still using it. Hopefully, this year's drawdown is about over.