Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach
Hi Folks,
  Met Lynn this morning to see what we could do. Nobody there when I arrived bout 0530. Had my Mcdonalds and listened to some good ole oldies. Started setting up on the ramp and was ready to go by 0615 or so. Not sure what time Lynn arrived But he decided to launch out close to the springs. He already had fish by the time I got out of the channel . Depth was 1.9 to 3.1 out to the lake. Water temp was 64 in the channel but warmed lake to 71 before I left bout noon or so. Was a beautiful day with calm water and good company. It was slow for me but 
caught enough to keep me there. All mine were in 6 to 6.5 ft of water by the first spring. Caught fish on white bass, chub chunks and cherry chicken . Managed to loose a couple of my favorite fligs the only bad thing today.

[Image: DSC00099.jpg]

This one on white bass 

[Image: DSC00100.jpg]

Liked the chiken
[Image: DSC00097.jpg]
sort this was from last week
[Image: DSC00101.jpg]
[Image: DSC00102.jpg]
Pale Perch Flig with chicken. 

[Image: DSC00103.jpg]

That is all I got in the net today. Lost 2 more at the net and one more further out . One knot failure ,not sure bout the other ones. It was a good day
(09-17-2021, 10:28 PM)lee! Wrote: Hi Folks,
  Met Lynn this morning to see what we could do. Nobody there when I arrived bout 0530. Had my Mcdonalds and listened to some good ole oldies. Started setting up on the ramp and was ready to go by 0615 or so. Not sure what time Lynn arrived But he decided to launch out close to the springs. He already had fish by the time I got out of the channel . Depth was 1.9 to 3.1 out to the lake. Water temp was 64 in the channel but warmed lake to 71 before I left bout noon or so. Was a beautiful day with calm water and good company. It was slow for me but 
caught enough to keep me there. All mine were in 6 to 6.5 ft of water by the first spring. Caught fish on white bass, chub chunks and cherry chicken . Managed to loose a couple of my favorite fligs the only bad thing today

That is all I got in the net today. Lost 2 more at the net and one more further out . One knot failure ,not sure bout the other ones. It was a good day

Nice report and pics Lee, did one bait or flig color seem to work better than the other?
Glad you got some tugs.  Sorry I couldn't join you guys. 

By the way, I know a guy who makes fligs and I could probably get some replacements for ya.
(09-18-2021, 01:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 10:28 PM)lee! Wrote: Hi Folks,
caught enough to keep me there. All mine were in 6 to 6.5 ft of water by the first spring. Caught fish on white bass, chub chunks and cherry chicken . Managed to loose a couple of my favorite fligs the only bad thing today

Nice report and pics Lee, did one bait or flig color seem to work better than the other?

The blue/silver and the chartreuse pale perch were bout equal. Those seem to work everywhere I fish

(09-18-2021, 01:12 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Glad you got some tugs.  Sorry I couldn't join you guys. 

By the way, I know a guy who makes fligs and I could probably get some replacements for ya.

One was completely crushed by a cat the other was knot failure. I best pay better attention when rigging for sure. Think next time I do Lincoln Beach I will launch over by where Lynn launched. Should be able to sit down fairly close to shore I hope.