Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South - 9\26
I've been out of town for a week, but after getting home yesterday afternoon, I decided to give the south marina a shot this morning. Arrived at 8 AM and was fishing by 8:30.  Water levels is a scant 2 feet in the marina improving to 5 ft in the channel. One double axel trailer in the parking lot when I returned.  Typically, I'll get a fish out two before I'm out into the bay.  Not today.  Spent 2 hours pedaling my kayak down to the feedlot at my standard .5 MPH. Nothing, nada not even a pop and drop. Spent an hour working the feedlot with exactly the same results.  Just after I turned south to come home a double whammy. Both catfish landed so no skunk today.  Found four more dumb ones on the trip back.  Pretty tough to find more than 8 FOW, but 6 ft worked out today.  All fish were caught dragging chicken on a Santee rig.   Five were kissed on the lips and sent back to grow some more. The last one will be tonight's special dinner guest.  Surprised to see the fish cleaning station hadn't been winterized and  shut down for the year.  Water temp was 61 degrees starting out and warmed to 68 before I finished. Probably too soon for the perch to be gathering in the north marina, but planning on looking for some Tuesday.

[Image: IMG-20210926-133119878.jpg]
Glad you got some tugs.

You probably haven't seen my PM but I am going to hit the north marina tomorrow morning...on a perch search...or for whatever silly fish wants to play.  I got no pride.
(09-26-2021, 10:03 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Glad you got some tugs.

You probably haven't seen my PM but I am going to hit the north marina tomorrow morning...on a perch search...or for whatever silly fish wants to play.  I got no pride.
Pat, tomorrow's the only day I can't make it this week.  Physical Therapy appointment at 9 AM. Watching for your report.
Anybody catching wipers or walleye up there?
Single main, no kicker. Wink
(09-27-2021, 03:41 PM)Paddler Wrote: Anybody catching wipers or walleye up there?

Not that I've seen.
(09-26-2021, 09:48 PM)FatBiker Wrote: I've been out of town for a week, but after getting home yesterday afternoon, I decided to give the south marina a shot this morning. Arrived at 8 AM and was fishing by 8:30.  Water levels is a scant 2 feet in the marina improving to 5 ft in the channel. One double axel trailer in the parking lot when I returned.  Typically, I'll get a fish out two before I'm out into the bay.  Not today.  Spent 2 hours pedaling my kayak down to the feedlot at my standard .5 MPH. Nothing, nada not even a pop and drop. Spent an hour working the feedlot with exactly the same results.  Just after I turned south to come home a double whammy. Both catfish landed so no skunk today.  Found four more dumb ones on the trip back.  Pretty tough to find more than 8 FOW, but 6 ft worked out today.  All fish were caught dragging chicken on a Santee rig.   Five were kissed on the lips and sent back to grow some more. The last one will be tonight's special dinner guest.  Surprised to see the fish cleaning station hadn't been winterized and  shut down for the year.  Water temp was 61 degrees starting out and warmed to 68 before I finished. Probably too soon for the perch to be gathering in the north marina, but planning on looking for some Tuesday.

[Image: IMG-20210926-133119878.jpg]

Larry, that Cat looks like it survived a few spawn fights
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Id guess it was the wire basket. Sometimes it was sitting on the back of my kayak and not in the water. He still ate good.