Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek today 9/28
Started right after dawn, looking for rainbows. Trolling triple teasers, needlefish, and rapalas. Got right into the rainbows and a few cutthroats just east of the boat dock. Downrigger 12 - 25', no takers on the rapalas on mono. 2.3 2.4 mph seemed to do the trick. Limited out and was off the water by 9:00. Beautiful morning, lake was glass, leaves changing colors, who could ask for more?
What size were the Rainbows. When I was up there two week ago the ones I was catching were about 12 inches but fat as could be.

Love Strawberry this time of year. I enjoy taking my time driving back to the highway from Renegade and looking at the trees that have changed color. Beautiful time of year, both fishing and scenery.
(09-28-2021, 08:04 PM)lovetofish Wrote: What size were the Rainbows. When I was up there two week ago the ones I was catching were about 12 inches but fat as could be.

Love Strawberry this time of year. I enjoy taking my time driving back to the highway from Renegade and looking at the trees that have changed color. Beautiful time of year, both fishing and scenery.

About the same size as yours, 12-13" but great fighters, orange meat, beautiful fish. I love rainbows if I can't fish for Kokanee.