Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
We spent a couple days camping at bear lake last week, fished a few hrs each day and had a few hits but none landed. What a great place to be this time of year, very few boats on the lake, when we got home an article in cache valley daily said you can now keep two fish  on bear lake even if they have not had a fin clipped?
(10-10-2021, 04:35 PM)drpepper Wrote: We spent a couple days camping at bear lake last week, fished a few hrs each day and had a few hits but none landed. What a great place to be this time of year, very few boats on the lake, when we got home an article in cache valley daily said you can now keep two fish  on bear lake even if they have not had a fin clipped?

In the past, you could only keep cutts with clipped fine, they are planted fish, the ones without clipped fins are naturally spawned cutts in BL. It appears that rule has now changed, so the cutts must be reproducing very well now, so that is a good thing.
(10-10-2021, 05:30 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:35 PM)drpepper Wrote: We spent a couple days camping at bear lake last week, fished a few hrs each day and had a few hits but none landed. What a great place to be this time of year, very few boats on the lake, when we got home an article in cache valley daily said you can now keep two fish  on bear lake even if they have not had a fin clipped?

In the past, you could only keep cutts with clipped fine, they are planted fish, the ones without clipped fins are naturally spawned cutts in BL. It appears that rule has now changed, so the cutts must be reproducing very well now, so that is a good thing.

Be warned guys.....the fin clip rule change will not take place until Jan 1, 2022.  IDF&G won't have their rule meeting until mid-November.  We are not anticipating any opposition, but the rule won't take effect until the first of next year
Thanks for the heads up Scott, I thought it was odd that they would make a change like that before the beginning of the next year but since I did not read the article I wasn't sure.