Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Florida Check-In…
Haven’t been out for a bit….just been lazy I guess. Headed out today on an outgoing tide, not the best choice as the flats lost water pretty quick. Got a new cast net (Larger) and it took me awhile to get some bait as I was getting used to throwing a bigger/heavier net. Got to my spot a bit late and the tide was ripping out, managed to get in the trough on the beach for a little bit, got a decent Snook in the boat, broke one off and caught a few Ladyfish. Once the flat got to shallow I anchored up in the channel and got into a few Spanish Mackerel, not a bad few hours.

Hopefully I fixed the pics!
Purty fish.
You have a killer looking boat man.  Nice pics for us to look at on our blustery day!
Not sure whether to be mad and envious...or appreciative of reliving old memories.  Fine work.

I have worked for a couple of companies based in Florida and got to spend a lot of time on both coasts and on the big bass lakes of the state.  I dearly loved the fishing but was not fond of the gators, snakes and humidity.  I had offers to move there for some well-paying positions but a variety of other negative factors kept me from making the move.  But there are sure a lot of times...especially during Utah winters...when I question my decision. 

Glad you found a good home there and that you are able to get out and play with the local denizens.
(10-14-2021, 01:50 PM)joshomaru Wrote: You have a killer looking boat man.  Nice pics for us to look at on our blustery day!

Funny thing, I sold my Ranger Flats Ghost in June, my wife wanted to join Freedom Boat Club so we had access to more boats, I was a bit hesitant as I have some pretty specific fishing wants for an inshore boat but to my surprise they have some nice little skiffs, but I also have access to a variety of boats, took out a 23’ Sea Fox last week for a little off shore sightseeing, have a boat lined up in Islamorada in February. I’ll probably take a 21’ Cobia next week.
That's cool! The fun of having a boat without the headache and heartache of owning one lol
(10-14-2021, 09:44 PM)joshomaru Wrote: That's cool!  The fun of having a boat without the headache and heartache of owning one lol

That is the selling point, no towing, no launching, no maintenance! Pay for the gas I use, get in the truck and go home. Plus, now the family can go out, in fact my wife takes the girls and they go out by themselves.

This was me hard at it last week while the family was on the beach.

[Image: 4-B1-B5092-9633-4391-B022-E1962-DB431-C0.jpg]