Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10/13/21
Fall catching is starting to turn on at Strawberry. Yesterday, even with a later start, Barry and I were able to catch 124 (to protect the guilty we won't mention which one of us caught the most fish). All were rainbows except for 122 cutthroat. When we found them we anchored up in 22' of water and never moved. Vertically jigging, casting and bouncing back to the boat and fishing under a bobber all worked. Used various colors of tube jigs tipped with cut bait and also caught a few on crawdads.
Tis the season, I remember those 100 (or more) fish days at the Berry.
(10-14-2021, 08:59 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote: Tis the season, I remember those 100 (or more) fish days at the Berry.

Do you also remember having to wear gloves all day long (because your fingers were freezing) or since moving to Florida have you forgotten those fun days?

(10-14-2021, 09:10 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 08:59 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote: Tis the season, I remember those 100 (or more) fish days at the Berry.

Do you also remember having to wear gloves all day long (because your fingers were freezing) or since moving to Florida have you forgotten those fun days?

Don’t miss the cold much at all, I may slide out there this winter for some ice fishing, need to g borrow my cold weather gear back from the buddy I gave it to ?
way to go 
me I don't think I will go back to strawberry this year unless Dec 1 is a nice day and no Ice
I got to many cuts fishing for kokanee so think I will stay away from them the rest of the year.
(10-14-2021, 08:57 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Fall catching is starting to turn on at Strawberry. Yesterday, even with a later start, Barry and I were able to catch 124 (to protect the guilty we won't mention which one of us caught the most fish). All were rainbows except for 122 cutthroat. When we found them we anchored up in 22' of water and never moved. Vertically jigging, casting and bouncing back to the boat and fishing under a bobber all worked. Used various colors of tube jigs tipped with cut bait and also caught a few on crawdads.

I was glad to read your report.
It is a long trip for us if we get there and either the road or the ramp has to much snow on it. Been there and done that before.
Nice report.  I saw your report on FB as well.  Any big ones or just slot cutts?
Always good to fish with you and it is safe to say that both of our counts yesterday were pretty robust.   

As for road conditions, they were fine, with no problems driving or launching.  The Renegade courtesy dock strip is still in use.
(10-15-2021, 02:30 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote:
Nice report.  I saw your report on FB as well.  Any big ones or just slot cutts?

I'm glad you saw it before I deleted it.  Last fishing report I will post on that board.  I do not appreciate being called a liar.

I caught 3 or 4 that I thought might be under the slot and one I thought MIGHT be over the slot, but I didn't measure it.  On my previous trip, I caught one that went 23 1/2".  Kory started yelling that a larger fish was chasing the fish that he was reeling in.  I was also almost reeled in, so I dropped down 5', or so, and caught the larger fish that was chasing his fish.
(10-14-2021, 10:42 PM)liketrolling Wrote: way to go 
me I don't think I will go back to strawberry this year unless Dec 1 is a nice day and no Ice
I got to many cuts fishing for kokanee so think I will stay away from them the rest of the year.

I'm with Robert, the last time I went fishing at all trying for kokes was Strawberry back in mid August. That trip I couldn't get one to the boat, lost 2 and that was it. The cutts kept me busy. I'll be back on the Berry at ice off.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
threw in last sunday at chix creek east
pretty but chilly morn
[Image: IMG_0064_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
game on from the 1st cast
[Image: IMG_0074_(1).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
till bout 1pm when i cast 60 ft of line and the last 20' staid in the boat and the rest got sent
tried to make it over to chix west but the winds cranked up pretty good
i had to row back with line in cause id lose all my progress every time i hooked up and had to bring em in
averaged about dozen an hour
pleased that bout a 1/4 were bows or about 1 outta every 5
flies didnt matter much ate about anything id throw
[Image: IMG_0083_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_0047_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
nor did the strip to rip lips vrs. tow truck trollin
seems like most of the bows came off trollin and plenty of cutty follows on the strip
[Image: IMG_0079_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
bout a dozen other yaks tubes n crafts and plenty of bent sticks
[Image: DSCN7530_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
that time of year
gitcha sum
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(10-15-2021, 04:22 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 02:30 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote:

I'm glad you saw it before I deleted it.  Last fishing report I will post on that board.  I do not appreciate being called a liar.

I caught 3 or 4 that I thought might be under the slot and one I thought MIGHT be over the slot, but I didn't measure it.  On my previous trip, I caught one that went 23 1/2".  Kory started yelling that a larger fish was chasing the fish that he was reeling in.  I was also almost reeled in, so I dropped down 5', or so, and caught the larger fish that was chasing his fish.

I saw the post probably about the time you deleted it because the comments weren't available to view.  When posting on FB I share a few pictures, a brief description and that is it.  Lots of haters out there.  Those that do ask for additional info I will share, sometimes through a DM.  Definitely not BFT that's for sure.
Sounds like a fun trip other than the cold fingers... thanks for sharing... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!