Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake report 2
Got back on the lake again yesterday afternoon. Water temp was 49° at noon and rose to 54° by 4:00. Air temp was around 64. I felt good with just a t-shirt on. The wind was quite light and I didn't go drifting very fast. Later it was completely dead; I tried paddling which worked fine but I got tired of that so I tried using the main motor to surge ahead then coast a bit. 

I switched to a Santee rig and a FLAIT from the FLIGS I used on Saturday. I got two hits on the Santee and landed both fish. They were 27" and 25".
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Any white bass in the harbors?
Yes, indeed. People are catching wb from the docks and ramp areas. Success varies by day and fisherman. Jigs, spinners, and worms are all working. Fish from the docks under a bobber with worm nub just off the bottom. Those at the ramps are casting out, not too far, and retrieving jigs with short jerks. Not sure if they sweeten the jigs with some bait but I don't think it can hurt.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.