Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
East Canyon fun
My son and I went up to East Canyon on Friday to see if we could catch some fish. The water is way low but we had a great time. The fish waited till the sun was out for a while and for an hour or so it was quite good. We ended up catching 10 of them in a couple of hours. The fish ranged in size from 12-18 inches with most of them being 17-18. The weather was great and we even spotted a bald eagle flying overhead. We didn't see anyone else catch any fish so I guess we had the hot spot. None of the fish had any anchor worms on them, they were in great shape and gave a very good fight.
(10-24-2021, 11:47 AM)JeepNut Wrote: My son and I went up to East Canyon on Friday to see if we could catch some fish. The water is way low but we had a great time. The fish waited till the sun was out for a while and for an hour or so it was quite good. We ended up catching 10 of them in a couple of hours. The fish ranged in size from 12-18 inches with most of them being 17-18. The weather was great and we even spotted a bald eagle flying overhead. We didn't see anyone else catch any fish so I guess we had the hot spot. None of the fish had any anchor worms on them, they were in great shape and gave a very good fight.

Thanks for the report, sure is great to see the average size bows getting bigger this year. We always see those eagles up there too. Were you using bait or lures?
(10-25-2021, 08:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 11:47 AM)JeepNut Wrote: My son and I went up to East Canyon on Friday to see if we could catch some fish. The water is way low but we had a great time. The fish waited till the sun was out for a while and for an hour or so it was quite good. We ended up catching 10 of them in a couple of hours. The fish ranged in size from 12-18 inches with most of them being 17-18. The weather was great and we even spotted a bald eagle flying overhead. We didn't see anyone else catch any fish so I guess we had the hot spot. None of the fish had any anchor worms on them, they were in great shape and gave a very good fight.

Thanks for the report, sure is great to see the average size bows getting bigger this year. We always see those eagles up there too. Were you using bait or lures?

We used worms but kept them moving.
Had not heard much from EC lately. Thanks for sharing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew