Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow recap
Buddy & I lucked out and picked a perfect weather window for our annual fall 3-dayer to Sand Hollow.  Arrived last Wed noon; left Fri noon.
Got some nice spinnerbait fish first thing in the mornings, then resorted to hitting past spots drop-shotting kuttails, dragging jigs, and throwing grubs.  Catch-rate & fish size better than other falls, plus the largies were fatter & sassier.  Lots of fishing boats, but plenty of spots to sit on.
Best depths in the 25-40' range.  Water temps started at 60-61, warming to 63-64 by quittin' time.  Air temps were a crisp 50 at launch, and mid-70s in the afternoons.  If anything, we could have used a tad more wind, as we did better in ripples than over glass.  Returning in two weeks if the weather is decent.
(10-24-2021, 03:17 PM)perchinski Wrote: Buddy & I lucked out and picked a perfect weather window for our annual fall 3-dayer to Sand Hollow.  Arrived last Wed noon; left Fri noon.
Got some nice spinnerbait fish first thing in the mornings, then resorted to hitting past spots drop-shotting kuttails, dragging jigs, and throwing grubs.  Catch-rate & fish size better than other falls, plus the largies were fatter & sassier.  Lots of fishing boats, but plenty of spots to sit on.
Best depths in the 25-40' range.  Water temps started at 60-61, warming to 63-64 by quittin' time.  Air temps were a crisp 50 at launch, and mid-70s in the afternoons.  If anything, we could have used a tad more wind, as we did better in ripples than over glass.  Returning in two weeks if the weather is decent.
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for the report. Is it normal to find them that deep this time of the year?
Was in ST G last week. Its not often I say this but oh my them temps were nice
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew