Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scofield
Hey all! 
I am taking my buddy deer hunting this week and we were hoping to also make a trip to Scofield in the boat. I know there is snow up that way. I am still able to launch at Scofield? Any info would be great! Thanks everyone!
Reports on Scofield have been few this fall. Hopefully someone will chime in
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Well, my buddy got his first deer yesterday so we’d headed to Scofield today. Had the boat with us, but the ramp was closed, so we fished from the back. We caught a couple of white tubes but the best action was a whole minnow on the bottom. Only fished for a couple of hours and caught 13 between us. Quality of the fish was better then last year. All but two of them were fat and healthy and well into the slot. They looked more like strawberry fish. 7 rainbows, 5 cuts and one tiger.

[Image: buttars1.jpg]

[Image: buttars2.jpg]

[Image: buttars3.jpg]

[Image: buttars4.jpg]
Congrats to your friend on the nice deer and the same to you two for the nice catch at Scofield, you guys did really good fishing from shore. 
FYI:
The method you used for adding pics to your post is not allowed, so I edited your post to add the pics the correct way. Here is the step by step prefered method for adding pics.

1. First you need to have your cursor below your typed post.
2. Right below where you type your post you will see, "Add image to post", click on that box.
3. A new box will open and you will see, "browse from your computer", click that and it should open up the pics in your device.
4. Click on the pic you want to add, then on the bottom you will see open, click that button.
5. A new box will open and the pic you selected will be in it, then just click on the "upload" button and your pic should appear in your post.
Was the ramp closed because the water was too low or for another reason?
Nice report, like the surf and turf reports... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(10-26-2021, 03:59 AM)Buttars Wrote: Hey all! 
I am taking my buddy deer hunting this week and we were hoping to also make a trip to Scofield in the boat. I know there is snow up that way. I am still able to launch at Scofield? Any info would be great! Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure why the State Park has the gate closed for the main ramp but you can still launch a boat on the Madsen Bay ramp.  

They have shut off the water out of Scofield so the lake level is starting to come back up.