Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backyard pond produces…..
Headed to the Everglades again next month to fish the trail, figured I’d better practice up on my bass hooking skills…..30’ out my back door to my pond, hooked 5, landed one….better practice some more.

[Image: 3419-C35-A-FA07-4-FD7-8045-FA3-AB9-D7-E3-FA.jpg]

[Image: AEE4013-E-A935-409-E-A1-FF-E1-BBE1-BCD363.jpg]

[Image: B465-B8-B7-E131-40-C0-8-C25-23-FAB81-C5-ABA.jpg]
So cool, you got to love that... Good luck on the trail, maybe you could tell us more about that, I'm not familiar with it... Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(10-28-2021, 02:59 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So cool, you got to love that... Good luck on the trail, maybe you could tell us more about that, I'm not familiar with it... Thanks J

Jeff, It’s the Tamiami trail we fish it along US 41 through the bottom of the Everglades, contains Peacock Bass, Largemouth, Mayan Ciclids, Bowfins….etc towards the east cost, back towards the west where the water gets salty it has Tarpon, Snook, Jack’s…etc. such an awesome place to fish with so many options. We are doing a quick trip, one day on the canal and one day on a boat in 10,000 islands for some back country fishing.
Went back out for a few more minutes, got a few nice ones.

[Image: 1831030-E-01-D2-49-C4-9-F10-02-AB1054-AD48.jpg]

[Image: 6-BC6-D631-031-B-4120-826-F-29-EA17-B106-F6.jpg]

[Image: 8-FD3-DD53-C846-4-E74-AE4-F-DB69-FB67-B1-BF.jpg]

[Image: D8-FBA804-0-A9-F-4658-9252-98-C64-CF7-DD87.jpg]

[Image: FC06-F848-4-E28-40-D2-8476-A9907-D011896.jpg]
Very cool, you make me miss my old stomping grounds down in south Florida... That trip sounds like a blast, but what a wide range of targets you've got to prepare for... Sure hope you'll post your trip including some scenery shots... I'm sure it will be an amazing trip... I heard rumors you may return for an ice trip this winter... If so let me know, maybe we can cross paths while your up... I usually have extra rods if you need some... and we are usually up to date with some of the good fishing.... who knows this year, but hopefully we can still find some good areas... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(10-28-2021, 03:09 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 02:59 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So cool, you got to love that... Good luck on the trail, maybe you could tell us more about that, I'm not familiar with it... Thanks J

Jeff, It’s the Tamiami trail we fish it along US 41 through the bottom of the Everglades, contains Peacock Bass, Largemouth, Mayan Ciclids, Bowfins….etc towards the east cost, back towards the west where the water gets salty it has Tarpon, Snook, Jack’s…etc. such an awesome place to fish with so many options. We are doing a quick trip, one day on the canal and one day on a boat in 10,000 islands for some back country fishing.

You're brave to do this before mid to late December. Bring plenty of bug spray, insect repellant clothing and have a bug face net available just in case. I'd suggest going out of the marina in Chokoloskee over going out of Everglades City. I would strongly advise against going out of Flamingo this time of year unless you bring a couple units of blood to infuse to offset the mosquitoes. If I recall right the last time you went was during a drought. It's not the dry season yet and I think the area has gotten plenty of rain this fall.
I aslo so have a fish pond 50 ft out my back door but I don't practice on my Koi.
(10-29-2021, 02:18 AM)Riverdogs Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 03:09 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote:

You're brave to do this before mid to late December. Bring plenty of bug spray, insect repellant clothing and have a bug face net available just in case. I'd suggest going out of the marina in Chokoloskee over going out of Everglades City. I would strongly advise against going out of Flamingo this time of year unless you bring a couple units of blood to infuse to offset the mosquitoes. If I recall right the last time you went was during a drought. It's not the dry season yet and I think the area has gotten plenty of rain this fall.
I aslo so have a fish pond 50 ft out my back door but I don't practice on my Koi.
Kind of forgot about the bugs, we were down last in early March and it was perfect, no bugs…..I’ll take a net. We are actually going out of Goodland….my buddy sold his boat to a guide from down there and we’re are going out with him….we stayed in Everglade City last time, what a cool place! I think we are driving all the way back and staying in Marco Island this trip.