Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL cat trips #3 and #4
Yesterday afternoon joatmon and I got after the cats out of Provo Harbor. I was lucky enough to get ten, including a 28"er. Brett got several and continued to show me up with a 29.5". This afternoon I only caught four but one was 28.5" and another was 29". If the progression continues I should get at least a 30"! I hope to get out for most of the day tomorrow and Saturday. I realize that I'm playing the hare to you tortoises out there; believe me, I wish I could have fished all season long.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Its sure good to see reports again from ya. Hope you keep feeling better and better.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(10-29-2021, 05:31 AM)catchinon Wrote: Yesterday afternoon joatmon and I got after the cats out of Provo Harbor. I was lucky enough to get ten, including a 28"er. Brett got several and continued to show me up with a 29.5". This afternoon I only caught four but one was 28.5" and another was 29". If the progression continues I should get at least a 30"! I hope to get out for most of the day tomorrow and Saturday. I realize that I'm playing the hare to you tortoises out there; believe me, I wish I could have fished all season long.

Hey Craig it is great to see you are getting out again and catching some great fish! I hope you get at least one 30, three would be even better! I saw your boat was gone yesterday and figured you were out there. This morning I saw that you have an electric on the back of your rig. Are you having trouble with the bow mount?

You, Joatmon and R2U2 have had a great October! I think it may be enough to pull the South team ahead for the win!

I have been going crazy for the last several weeks, with all the great fish being caught and me not able to join the fun! I have had to travel several weekends and then I sold my boat. I expected to have the replacement at the same time so I could get out a couple more times before the contest ends, but lots of things have gone wrong. I am heading to Page this afternoon to pick up the replacement. I should be home in time tomorrow to get to the lake for the evening, but I don't think the boat will be ready.  I have to mount a trolling motor and refresh the gas motors. They haven't run in a number of years.

No complaints though, it has been a great year for me and the new boat will give me more flexibility for next year.

Keep up the great work!
Yeah, Jim my bow electric is having issues. I think I know what the problem is but haven't had the time to mess with it. It looks like both of my batteries were bad so I bought a trolling one yesterday. The winds have been practically non-existent so Brett brought his 30-lb tiller Minn Kota a couple of days ago. Yesterday I dug out the 30 that my son gave me a long time ago. Looks brand new. I think that I prefer it because it will hold a course better than the bow-mount one and allows me to watch my rods better. Only problem is that it won't run slow enough; it looks like .6 or .7 mph is what it does on the first setting. It is working though so maybe I don't need it to go down to .3-.5.

You are welcome to throw in with me tomorrow if you want to.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Nice Craig! I'm heading down sunday.. I went Friday for about a hour and.. well the whitebass were hungry thats all I tried for though even after they ripped the tail off I got 6 or so before i had to leave.
[Image: 102874.jpg]
Final hours... you got a last minute bump?
Yes, I did X2. Watch for my report.