Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a Day :)
Well, this site is as quiet as most every other fishing and hunting site that I visit, at least here in Idaho it is, lol.  So, I thought with all the quiet we have, I'd just check in to see how everyone is doing, if any one is getting out on a fall fish day or if everything has been put up in favor of the deer and elk pursuits. 

Im off to Illinois to see my mom as she turns 89 next month so I need to make the best of what I can even though my health isnt the best, and I hope everyone here keeps our loved ones in our thoughts and prayers every day, they make our lives worth it and thats why we are here if it hadnt been for them, we wouldnt be able to spend as much cash as we do doing something that makes us happy.

So, with this said, I hope someone would post up a few reports of what the fall has done for you or have ya put everything up? I've had to put boats and gear up early due to my health, but, they are ready to hit the liquid next spring as the ice comes off some of our best lakes and rivers. Here's to ya all and have a very healthy and safe Halloween and dont let the little ones get all the candy, we old timers need a bit too, lol.
(10-30-2021, 12:21 PM)duksnfish Wrote: Well, this site is as quiet as most every other fishing and hunting site that I visit, at least here in Idaho it is, lol.  So, I thought with all the quiet we have, I'd just check in to see how everyone is doing, if any one is getting out on a fall fish day or if everything has been put up in favor of the deer and elk pursuits. 

Im off to Illinois to see my mom as she turns 89 next month so I need to make the best of what I can even though my health isnt the best, and I hope everyone here keeps our loved ones in our thoughts and prayers every day, they make our lives worth it and thats why we are here if it hadnt been for them, we wouldnt be able to spend as much cash as we do doing something that makes us happy.

So, with this said, I hope someone would post up a few reports of what the fall has done for you or have ya put everything up? I've had to put boats and gear up early due to my health, but, they are ready to hit the liquid next spring as the ice comes off some of our best lakes and rivers. Here's to ya all and have a very healthy and safe Halloween and dont let the little ones get all the candy, we old timers need a bit too, lol.
I was just commiserating with Fast Randy the lack of Halloween ice at Henrys Lake this year. I posted my last two trips to Black Foot a couple weeks ago and I fished Strawberry 10 days ago where 3 of us caught 187, see the Utah Board for details. We need some cold artic air and we will have something to post about.
So Obi, Ive tried to get on the Utah forum and all i can find is reference and archive posts. I cant find anything active. Can you help with a link to the active site and Ill bookmark it like I do Idaho. Thanks
(10-31-2021, 12:11 PM)duksnfish Wrote: So Obi, Ive tried to get on the Utah forum and all i can find is reference and archive posts. I cant find anything active.  Can you help with a link to the active site and Ill bookmark it like I do Idaho.  Thanks

Is this what you are looking for:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/foru...php?fid=58
Yes, it's been very quiet here lately, except for a few fishing and hunting reports. I put all my fishing stuff away in August as everything I fish had been pretty much drained. Did get out to chase some deer with no luck, so I've moved on to birds and have had a hard time finding some. Hoping for some cold weather to freeze up some lakes for ice fishing.
On a nice day there are still a few good ones out there. These are from the greater Preston metro area Cool

[Image: 20211101-132957.jpg]

[Image: 20211101-133018.jpg]

[Image: 20211101-133035.jpg]
Great bows, thanks for sharing them with us. Were you trolling , fly fishing or bait fishing when they were caught?
(11-01-2021, 09:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great bows, thanks for sharing them with us. Were you trolling , fly fishing or bait fishing when they were caught?

Casting and stripping leach patterns
Thanks guys for the info, and yep that was what I was looking for, I bookmarked it this time, lol. I know on the ice, normally in the past when Ive been duck hunting this time of year, even the shallow water areas have had ice on them, but, everything Ive seen so far is still open. Cold at night but not cold enough to keep the ice on. One day soon we'll get it then wish we had the sun back again Smile Hope everyone has some good off season fun whatever it is. Enjoy Smile
So, Ive gone to the Utah site a few times just to see what is going on and since a number of Idaho members either live in Utah or do a good share of their fishing in Utah. And, I have to say that it sure would be nice if we had some of the discussions going on here on the Idaho board like many on the Utah side. I dont remember exactly, but I think there was like 6 or 7 different current discussions going on at one time on the Utah site and some of the Idaho members here are contributing to some of those threads also.

I think it's great if you do both States and can contribute, but, I guess a question I have is, what is our board thread lacking that we get a topic about once a month, maybe a little more often but then it goes for 6, 7, 8 comments and dies. Are we that boring here in Idaho and cant keep a conversation going or is it we have so many more internet scouters that people are afraid to post topics here that we are afraid someone is going to go to our favorite public fishing hole or river. I dont think its like hunting where you scout and scout and scout to find where game is, big game or waterfowl, and then you make a post and next thing you know someone is in your place that youve worked your tail off to get access to it, brushed up a good blind or whatever it is just to have someone sitting in your area and can totally screw up your hunt. I dont see fishing the same way, I know some will be different in their thoughts and that's fine, but, what can we do to get our forum more active? I know that at times like this, in between hard and soft water things generally slow down around most of Idaho, but, I guess even if you make a post on a fishing trip you made that isnt in Idaho, is that bad to help other fishermen/women enjoy the sport?

I'm just Confused and lost, nothing new for me, but, I sure would love to see us get a tad bit more active. I know I dont fish near as much as I'd like to due to a variety of reasons, but, I think I have tried to post up something after almost every trip Ive made with info to help the next guy/gal that goes out and if nothing else, to get ppl excited to go out and try our little sport and enjoy some good eatin afterwards if that is what you want or just catch n release.

Just looking and thinking out loud as to what we can do here in idaho to help our State out with some great fishing info. I know there are a few fishing groups on FB that have a ton more users and funny posts/experiences there than we do here. Are we so uptight about posts that we cant have the same fun here or do we need to advertise the group more?

I dont know about much of this, but, I'd love to here some thoughts and see what we can do to get us going. I know there have been some offers of prizes for some of our best stuff, and I havent put in because I havent fished but, we dont get much excitement over anything. Give it all a thought and let's see what we can do here to get some mroe active posts and have a little fun with it on here. Others do, why cant we?
One thing we are lacking is members, before the site change over there was a lot more going on here, I don't think that many came back. Then with the drought alot of people may not have fished as much this year, we only got 3 trips in, then couldn't put the boat in anymore and alot of reservoirs were low way earlier this year. Didn't get much interest in a fishing contest for the summer, so probably not much for a ice fishing contest, I'd like to try and have a get together sometime after we get some ice, maybe if we get to know each other then people would post more or not. People might not post as I see we have quite a few guests using the forum. As you I'd like to see more posts on everything.