Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 CATFISH CONTEST
Exclamation 
2021 CATFISH CONTEST CLOSED AS OF MIDNIGHT 31 OCT.

ALL CONTEST FISH SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED BY MIDNIGHT 1 NOV. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forest has gotten the numbers to me, I'll review and make the results final later today... Thanks all for joining the fun and keeping the competition strong... Record year again... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
had a lot of fun again this year.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
If someone wants to monitor and keep track of entries ill donate a prize for the biggest channel through the ice this winter. The one single biggest channel. Date, body of water and a clear picture of it on your pre-approved bumpboard. I'll donate the prize if someone wants to keep track of it. Same as the cat contest but it'll be the single biggest fish not 3 added up.
That sounds fun to me, Fritz.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

We're discussing the ice contest at this point and your offer Fritz would fit in nicely with the contest as a special bonus prize for that one 'cat'egory... Thank you for this offer... This way it won't take any special attention, it will be monitored by the regular contest. if that will work ok for you? Thanks J

Well, I'm slow, sorry had a busy day yesterday. But I have confirmed Forest's results are accurate per what i had been keeping track of as well. So Forest will post the official final score board for 2021. It was an incredible year with a new record high score for our contest at 97.5 points that's a full inch bigger than last years previous tied top season. Congratulation Bryton (bblake98) for team North... our 2021 Champion and new holder of the prestigious BFT Catfish Contest Trophy.... (Lynn I'll have to make arrangements to pick that up so I can get the new dog tag attached. ) Anyway we have split this year with the champ on the north, but team south by 2 points wins the top ten title again this year. Our top rod on the south this year was Jim (Piscophilic) followed closely by the dynamic duo Richard and Vi.... Paul for team north was right in that group followed by John and the catchup kids Craig and Brett that came from the very back and ended up top ten... Lynn and Sharksugar was also top ten... Our youth winner this year was IguanascanFish... and I think that pretty well wraps up the award categories... Not sure what we have for prizes this year, other than the overall trophy... We'll see if we can round up a little something, but sorry it won't be like some years past.. Anyway thanks so much for your interest and hours of dedicated cat chasing, hope you have had an enjoyable season wrastling with the monsters... Thanks for keeping the interest going so the contest stays fun and successful... I know I've caught a lot bigger fish because of the contest and you guys pushing me to keep trying... Thanks all...Later Jeff
(11-03-2021, 01:45 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: We're discussing the ice contest at this point and your offer Fritz would fit in nicely with the contest as a special bonus prize for that one 'cat'egory... Thank you for this offer... This way it won't take any special attention, it will be monitored by the regular contest.  if that will work ok for you?  Thanks J

Sounds good to me! As long as you guys are good with it I'll work on a cool prize for the largest channel through the ice!! The ice kitty challange!!
That would be great!!! We have had folks do something similar in the past for biggest panfish or trout so this would be a nice twist. Got to figure the prize will probably go to something smaller than 33”, not many cats are caught through the ice. I’d figure 27.5 will be a lock on the prize. What do you guess? Later J
I think mine was 22 or 23" last year and that took alot of trips to get!! 27 would definitely be in the upper end id think
I assume there will be no awards dinner, so if Jeff or Bryton will PM me to arrange handover of the prize I'm donating, I'll be happy to do so.
I got a 25.5 a couple of years ago while fishing for perch. Now that I know where they are I might try specifically for them.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Fritz in multiple years of ice challenges, the 27" is the biggest I remember, followed by Craigs 25" so I don't expect things to go bigger... Can you imagine trying to drag out anything bigger with an ice rod??? I'm like Craig usually fishing for perch when the cat grabs a hold so there's not a lot of back bone in my perch rods... I've never found the cats with enough regularity to target them only, but might be fun to try one trip and see if I could do any good...

Rocky you are probably right we have had light interest in the banquet, so I'll get Brytons info to you... Thanks so much... Jeff
I was jigging a chrome spoon tipped with whitebass by the Knolls last year targeting them. I only ever got the 1
(11-04-2021, 01:40 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: That would be great!!! We have had folks do something similar in the past for biggest panfish or trout so this would be a nice twist. Got to figure the prize will probably go to something smaller than 33”, not many cats are caught through the ice. I’d figure 27.5 will be a lock on the prize. What do you guess?  Later J

With fishing supplies in low supply this year, it may be hard to get donations. So I’d also like to donate a prize or two for the category winners.

* for the ice contest. Jeff, let me know if you prefer what category I pick
Prize delivered to Bryton.
Thanks Rocky, that is great!!! Shawn, that would be wonderful and I'll leave that up to you on which category you'd like to award the prize to... Thank you very much... Jeff
PS... Cowboy and Cookie have agreed to run the ice challenge again this year so wohooo...
That's great that the Dynamic Duo will be running it again. When will it start this year?

I think we talked about next Monday November 15th, but Lance didn't say for sure when he could be ready... Doubt there will be much ice yet, but maybe a few of you high mountain goats might have found one locked up... Henry's sure wasn't there yet.... I was surprised it was still so warm... Hopefully this weeks winters storms up there will changes things... Later J