Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba?
Does anyone have any recent information about fishing at Yuba? I heard that it has risen three feet so I expect to be able to launch my boat. Anybody know for sure? I would also appreciate any info you could share about fishing for the various different species in there.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I fished about 40 days ago
Boat launch then was good. If the water is up your ok. We caught wipers easy by the dam using shadraps, I think you should troll for northern too. It has walleyes to but I could not get any bites then. Used bottom bouncers and worm.
If you go take some good shore line pictures. Water will be up next year.
Craig i sent you a message
Fritz, all I got was your phone number.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Anyone heard from Craig? I sent him my number about goin to yuba and never heard back? Usually he's pretty good about responding and its been bout 3 days. Just wanna make sure they're ok.
Sorry Fritz. I've been feeling under the weather and couldn't go fishing after all. About time to put the boat away, anyhow. I would like to fish there through the ice sometime.

No worries just wanted to make sure y'all were OK, hopefully it freezes this year
(11-08-2021, 05:47 AM)catchinon Wrote: Sorry Fritz. I've been feeling under the weather and couldn't go fishing after all. About time to put the boat away, anyhow. I would like to fish there through the ice sometime.

Hey ! I want to go with you when you go fish the ice. Don't forget me .
Yuba freezes usually for a few days or maybe a week or two here and there every few years. Never gets real thick or real safe but usually enough for a few of us to go try our luck..
Used to freeze solid every year, every inch of it.
So did Bear Lake, but been a long time since there was enough ice to fish for more than maybe one morning... Dang global warming... or whatever is going on lately.... Sure hope for good ice this year, but so far the start isn't looking very good... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Keep in touch Verdean, and we'll plan to hit it maybe mid-January when it has the best chance to be frozen over.

I'll meet you guys there!