Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice auger?
If you like the 2604 Milwaukee, you should try the newer gens of the fuel line (2704 or 2804). I really enjoyed stepping up from the 2604.
(11-08-2021, 12:53 AM)EyLayo Wrote: If you like the 2604 Milwaukee, you should try the newer gens of the fuel line (2704 or 2804). I really enjoyed stepping up from the 2604.

Yeah, I know. The side handle on my 2604 is awful. I can’t believe it’s lasted 4 years. I have a buddy that has a 2704 and they made a huge improvement on that. Is there more than the handle that got better?
Jump from 750 to 1200 torque is the biggest thing. They also have different clutches and get a little smaller, lighter, and more efficient the newer you go. If you want better handles, the 2804 is my favorite of the three. If you want to try before you buy, message me to setup up a meeting. I’m happy to let you do a test drive.
Has anyone tried the Pistol bit? I just punched one hole with one a guy was showing me at Newton last year and I couldn't believe how light that auger was... It made a big impression on me, but I've never seen how they hold up after the grit and such that gets in the ice sometimes... I'm still using a Laser hand auger that I put a drill adapter on and it works great (Milwaukee 2804 drill), but it's not as fast as the Nils was and I can't center a hole exactly where I'd like it, but I got it for $40 plus $12 for the adapter and modified a 5 gallon bucket lid to keep it from falling through the hole when the chuck lets go unexpectedly... So if you're looking for one on the cheap let me know and I'll get you the link for the adapter on Amazon.. Make sure you get the stainless steel adapter, the aluminum ones are too soft and twist in time due to the high torque... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hey, Jeff, I might be interested.

Anybody know if the handles on all the Fuel models are the same? Mine came without one (used) and holding it one-handed may be dangerous to your wrist's health.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig there is a difference in the handles. Look at number on your ID tag it will have the model number so you can find the correct handle. Like mentioned the 2804 has an updated handle design.

I also texted you a link to buy the auger adapter. Looks like it’s $13.99 this year. Good luck. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-04-2021, 08:54 PM)catchinon Wrote: It appears that someone stole my auger. I would like to hear opinions about the different brands/models out there. Anyone have one for sale? Thanks in advance.
Dang, dide!  Wat kind of a cheap low-life steals another fisherman's auger?!?!

(11-04-2021, 09:54 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: I have a six inch auger that I can donate if you are interested.

Is it a hand auger?  If he isn't interested, I'd make you an offer.
It is a hand auger. I have also made a drill adapter for it.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(11-11-2021, 09:05 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: It is a hand auger. I have also made a drill adapter for it.

Yeah, I don't own a very good drill for ice-augering, it's a Ryobi, and the batteries are a little old, so it won't push either of my 8" augers very well.
(11-04-2021, 08:54 PM)catchinon Wrote: It appears that someone stole my auger. I would like to hear opinions about the different brands/models out there. Anyone have one for sale? Thanks in advance.

I love the kdrill. The auger cuts the ice so well. I would not suggest using the Milwaukee fuel 18 2803-22 though to drill with. Kdrill's website states its sufficient to use with their auger. I used mine for 1 and a half ice fishing seasons and the drill went kaput. A drill that pricey should last longer than a year and 3 months. It was under warranty, but it sat in a shop for 4 months, waiting on repair parts. The quick send in option to the company itself was not available for this model. Im not sure how long it will last after the repair. Ill probably end up needing a new drill is what Im guessing. Im thinking dewalt this next go around.
Gabe

I love my K_Drill paired with the 18V brushless Milwaukee 1/2 drill.  But get the extension.
I have a 6" hand auger with attachment and use it on my rigid octane drill and ive punched over 50+ holes one day no issues, even up at fish lake 20" of ice 10 below zero the thing just works.
I got my first nils 8" 1 3 years ago. It doesn't have a drill adapter that I know of. Two years ago I got a 6" nils and me being a cheapskate I got a Harbor Freight Hercules 1/2" drill for it. It says 450 ft. pds. tourq. I did buy the bigger 5 AH battery to go along with the 2.5 AH it came with. On my third year now and I love it. I have never ran the 5 AH battery down in a day of fishing. Today at Henry's I swear I was going through 3" of ice in 1 second.