Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ice Challenge 21-22 Sign up details
Hey it’s that time of year!  The Ice Challenge is ready to go. Starting next Monday November 15th. I think the rules will be basically the same. Five categories of fish to focus on and you want to find the biggest of the fish in each category. Cowboy, Cookie and Hookngrinnin will be running the contest for us this year. I sure do appreciate them for offering to help out. We have a couple prizes volunteered so far. One for the biggest catfish (Thanks Fritz) and Shawn has offered to sponsor another for us. He will announce what that will be for. Anyway I’m totally excited for the contest again and so make sure you get me on the list. Thanks all.  Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for posting this teaser. We'll get the updated rules and placard posted to the Utah Contests board. I'm excited for the ice season and this years' Ice Fishing Challenge and Jeff, you're first on the list. Thanks Ron
Thanks Ron for getting me onto the list. Hey I thought I'd post a link to the contest board for those that may have difficulty finding it... Here's the link: https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/foru...hp?fid=100
I'll hop on the list again this season... although 3 years of my bump board betting beat and "bumped" by channels I may need to fabricate up a new one
Lol Fritz, I'm doing the same thing, putting a new bump board design together... I put some really expensive urethane coat on top of my last one hoping it would last a long time... Well guess I should have found a better weather resistant coating it didn't hold up... This time I'll probably just use a good paint coating instead... Unless someone knows a good clear coat that won't break the bank too bad, that is UV resistant... Later J
(11-10-2021, 08:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Lol Fritz, I'm doing the same thing, putting a new bump board design together...  I put some really expensive urethane coat on top of my last one hoping it would last a long time... Well guess I should have found a better weather resistant coating it didn't hold up...  This time I'll probably just use a good paint coating instead... Unless someone knows a good clear coat that won't break the bank too bad, that is UV resistant... Later 

I'm gonna try the pvc style and cut some 4" pvc into 3rds length wise and try that vs the wood one
We will have a chat with Ron tomorrow and get the info out so we can get rolln - get ready
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-10-2021, 08:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Lol Fritz, I'm doing the same thing, putting a new bump board design together...  I put some really expensive urethane coat on top of my last one hoping it would last a long time... Well guess I should have found a better weather resistant coating it didn't hold up...  This time I'll probably just use a good paint coating instead... Unless someone knows a good clear coat that won't break the bank too bad, that is UV resistant... Later J

Hey Jeff, I’ve had really good luck with Sikkens Pro Luxe Window and Door Satin. I’m doing a batch of doors now with that product. I’m sure I’ll have enough left to do a bump board.  If your down in Salt Lake hit me up and I’ll get it to you. Our shop is pretty centrally located in Murray. It’s a 24 hour recoat, so plan some dry time for 3-4 coats-  but it works really well. I’ll even give you a money back guarantee, but I’m not charging for it…so?
Hey thanks for that tip on the paint.. I’m not down that way very often, but if I get a chance I’ll check in. Thank you. Jeff
I'll throw my ante in again this year. Forgive my ignorance, but can you tell me where to find this year's certificate?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig - That's great. I'll get you added. The certificate/placard is located on the 2021 2022 Ice Challenge Rules Post on the Utah Contests Board or you can use this one I attached for you. Ron
[Image: Challenge-Banner-2021-2022-catchinon.jpg]
Thanks Ron. I even figured out how to print it.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(11-09-2021, 08:06 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey it’s that time of year!  The Ice Challenge is ready to go. Starting next Monday November 15th. I think the rules will be basically the same. Five categories of fish to focus on and you want to find the biggest of the fish in each category. Cowboy, Cookie and Hookngrinnin will be running the contest for us this year. I sure do appreciate them for offering to help out. We have a couple prizes volunteered so far. One for the biggest catfish (Thanks Fritz) and Shawn has offered to sponsor another for us. He will announce what that will be for. Anyway I’m totally excited for the contest again and so make sure you get me on the list. Thanks all.  Later Jeff

Im in! Unless its to late to enter... Big Grin
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Great! Welcome to the Ice Challenge, Backyard Boy T.V.. It's never too late. I'll add you to the list. You can find the rules and standings threads on the Utah Contests board.
Count me in on this years contest please. I am excited to participate
(12-15-2021, 11:04 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Count me in on this years contest please. I am excited to participate

That's great! I've got you added. I'm excited too.
So Ron are you ready for things to pick up? I'm thinking maybe this weekend we may start to see safe ice close enough to get on... Good luck to everyone... Jeff
(12-16-2021, 08:13 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So Ron are you ready for things to pick up?  I'm thinking maybe this weekend we may start to see safe ice close enough to get on... Good luck to everyone... Jeff
Yes!!! I'm more than ready. I'm looking forward to seeing some fish posts coming in. I will be hitting a couple lakes this weekend. Let the fun begin... Ron
Sign me up Ron one or two more boat trips and should be ready for ice.
(12-17-2021, 11:24 PM)wiperslayer1 Wrote: Sign me up Ron one or two more boat trips and should be ready for ice.
Great! I'll get you added.