Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Fishing Question on Ririe
Well, in the past years, I've never considered asking this question, but, because of my pulmonary fibrosis and not being able to hunt waterfowl because it has an impact on my fibrosis, I thought I'd ask the question to see what, at this time of year, since there is no ice on Ririe, what kind of fish would be on the bite or would one be able to possibly hook up with if I put the boat in and did a fall fishing trip.  Looking at the weather around here, it's looking like the weather is going to be unreal for a day on the water and possibly a nice mess of fall fish for the freezer.

Any suggestions, comments, ideas on this would be appreciated.  I know what kinds are in Ririe, but, which of the fish in there would be on the fall bite?

Here's what I know of that are in Ririe
Smallmouth Bass
Kokanee
Perch
Walleye
Rainbow
I've heard of Browns in there
Cut Throat but I've never heard of or seen anyone catch one

So thats a pretty broad spectrum of fish, so lets hear what anyone has success for.  Thanks folks for your help and input Smile
I would think just about everything in there would be looking for some food before it gets too cold, I'm sure the trout probably be hitting really well.
If it was me I would target Kokanee, you can keep 15 per person and as far as I am concerned they are the best eating fish in Ririe, once there is ice that's what most people will be targeting. In my experience they can be found on the Juniper end of the lake in good numbers year round. Use your electronics to find their depth, but I suspect they are going to be up high like they are in the spring. Down riggers will be the best technique to catch them but lead core or snap weights will get you down as well, or you could locate a school and jig for them with things like Swedish Pimples. PM if you would like to know where my honey hole is on that end of the lake where we consistently put 50+ kokes in the boat, or if you have any other question's on how I target them.
Thanks to both of ya for the info. I wondered if the kok's would be biting right now or not. I may have to break out the fish gear and try again if my health will let me do it another time this fall Sad It's been tough even doing that, but, it can happen Smile