Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic fall fishing at Strawberry
My dad, myself and my two boys went up to strawberry yesterday ( 11/13 ) and had our personal best fall fishing trip there.
We fished from about 9 am to around 2 pm and boated 250.   It was unbelievable fast fishing.   Quite often we had 4 on at a time.
the bite was hard and if you missed the were hitting it 4 or 5 times more.

In fact my dad had one that he released and his tube was about a foot in the water.   That same fish as he released it went right back to the jig it was just released from and took it again.   I would not have believed it had I not seen it.

All fish were in that magical 17 to 21 inch range.   We were in about 20 ft of water but there were fish from the surface all the way to the bottom.

Its hard to beat strawberry in the fall.
Wow that sounds like a great trip, I need one like that...Thanks for the report and glad you and crew had a great trip... Sounds like one for the family stories for the generations.. Nice job... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Congrats on a fine trip. Looking forward to fishing up there again on Saturday.
We had nearly the same success on Saturday. It is a really good time to pay a visit to the berry.
(11-16-2021, 02:46 AM)MACMAN Wrote: We had nearly the same success on Saturday. It is a really good time to pay a visit to the berry.

Nice.
This fall has been one of the best we have had up there.   Saturday for sure.   Its going to be tuff for us to top it.
(11-15-2021, 05:16 AM)DeadI Wrote: My dad, myself and my two boys went up to strawberry yesterday ( 11/13 ) and had our personal best fall fishing trip there.
We fished from about 9 am to around 2 pm and boated 250.   It was unbelievable fast fishing.   Quite often we had 4 on at a time.

In fact my dad had one that he released and his tube was about a foot in the water.   That same fish as he released it went right back to the jig it was just released from and took it again.   I would not have believed it had I not seen it.

All fish were in that magical 17 to 21 inch range.   We were in about 20 ft of water but there were fish from the surface all the way to the bottom.

Thanks for the report, sounds like an awesome day. What techniques and tackle were working best for you guys?
(11-16-2021, 07:03 AM)A_Rich7 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 05:16 AM)DeadI Wrote: My dad, myself and my two boys went up to strawberry yesterday ( 11/13 ) and had our personal best fall fishing trip there.

Thanks for the report, sounds like an awesome day. What techniques and tackle were working best for you guys?

If someone is familiar with fall fishing for cuthroats at strawberry you know.  LOL.   But if your not its not a secret, you watch the boats up there and most are doing the same thing.    A 3.5 inch white tube jig.   We like it on an 1/4" oz head.   Then you tip it with a chunk of minnow meat.   Cast it out and retrieve.  Sometimes a slow retrieve with a twitch every once in a while, or sometimes they like a long pull (2-3 feet) and let it drop.  Kind of depends on the day and what the fish are wanting.   When they hit it and if you miss stop retrieving and let it drop, more than likely they will hit it again and again all the way to the boat.    Like I said most boats up there are doing this exact same thing.
(11-17-2021, 07:06 AM)DeadI Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:03 AM)A_Rich7 Wrote:

If someone is familiar with fall fishing for cuthroats at strawberry you know.  LOL.   But if your not its not a secret, you watch the boats up there and most are doing the same thing.    A 3.5 inch white tube jig.   We like it on an 1/4" oz head.   Then you tip it with a chunk of minnow meat.   Cast it out and retrieve.  Sometimes a slow retrieve with a twitch every once in a while, or sometimes they like a long pull (2-3 feet) and let it drop.  Kind of depends on the day and what the fish are wanting.   When they hit it and if you miss stop retrieving and let it drop, more than likely they will hit it again and again all the way to the boat.    Like I said most boats up there are doing this exact same thing.