Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E Canyon 11-15-2021
After sitting high & dry since mid August I finally took advantage of a leisurely nice day on the water. I picked up my good friend AFDan for some old timer geezer bickering conversation. Big Grin We launched just after 8am and didn't take long to get into the fish. The first 5 we caught were some descent size brutes coming in at around 2-2 1/2lbs, there also was some top water dances included. As we got them to the boat they would do a suicide run at my kicker prop stripping line from the reels. We ended up with about a dozen fish caught, all released safely.
I took a couple of pics of my fishfinder screen which indicates schools of fish, suspect kokanee. Hoping to get back up there soon before the bitter cold sets in.  

[Image: E-Canyon-1-11-15-2021.jpg]

[Image: E-Canyon-2-11-15-2021.jpg]

[Image: E-Canyon-3-11-15-2021.jpg]

[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Atta boy Roger. Glad you and Dan got out for some line pulling, along with telling a few lies and enjoying some laughs.
Thanks for the report and pictures.

You couldn't have asked for a better day to go fishing.
Good looking fish!
Well done Roger, like the “schools” pic will be interesting to see how big they are next spring/summer
Nice going you two, the bows seem to being well at EC this year, numbers are down but it's good to see them that size. Nice stack of fish too. We did not see anything like take a few weeks ago, so maybe they are grouping up a little more now. What was the water temp?
(11-18-2021, 02:50 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice going you two, the bows seem to being well at EC this year, numbers are down but it's good to see them that size. Nice stack of fish too. We did not see anything like take a few weeks ago, so maybe they are grouping up a little more now. What was the water temp?

Curt, I saw 49°. I'm planning another day soon since this water temp is slowly coming down. Its been 2yrs before this trip hitting EC.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF