Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Know Henry’s Ice Status?
Anyone been by Henry’s recently to see if there is any ice? Coming up from Utah over Thanksgiving and hoping to do some ice fishing.
No first hand info but I did hear ice had started to form on the lake, just no word on how thick it is. One member was talking about driving over there this weekend to check it out, hopefully he will report back on it.
I went up and tried this morning. Mostly open water still. But at the state marina there was an inch, maybe 1 1/2" in spots. It should keep and get better. I might try again next week.
(11-21-2021, 12:08 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I went up and tried this morning. Mostly open water still. But at the state marina there was an inch, maybe  1 1/2" in spots. It should keep and get better. I might try again next week.

Thanks for the update Randy, Shawn told me you were going to check it out, glad you were able to get up there.
(11-21-2021, 01:54 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 12:08 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I went up and tried this morning. Mostly open water still. But at the state marina there was an inch, maybe  1 1/2" in spots. It should keep and get better. I might try again next week.

Thanks for the update Randy, Shawn told me you were going to check it out, glad you were able to get up there.

You're shore welcome Curt. I was so disappointed when I got up there. It was 8 degrees up there last Tuesday and Wednesday but too much wind.
With the new season - all could fish til Feb 14 on hard deck.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/fg-commissi...sons-rules
My dad (Windriver) and I fished the very limited hard water on Saturday, though I would not have recommended it to anyone. Ice was right at 1" at the state park and the area of the outlet we have access to. Ended the morning with 20ish fish in the 16-19 inch range. I hope the cold nights will put a few more inches on the lake over the next few days to make the fishing safer and more accessible. Can't beat the sunrises while on the ice. 

Peacefisher
[Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image2.jpg]

[Image: image3.jpg]
(11-23-2021, 12:04 AM)peacefisher1 Wrote: My dad (Windriver) and I fished the very limited hard water on Saturday, though I would not have recommended it to anyone. Ice was right at 1" at the state park and the area of the outlet we have access to. Ended the morning with 20ish fish in the 16-19 inch range. I hope the cold nights will put a few more inches on the lake over the next few days to make the fishing safer and more accessible. Can't beat the sunrises while on the ice. 

Peacefisher
[Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image2.jpg]

[Image: image3.jpg]

Great pics, especially love that bookie, welcome to the site.
Thanks peacefisher1. Great pictures. Welcome to the site to you and locolo. It is good news to see the new rules are implemented.