Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Break Green River Fishing Trip
[Image: IMG-20211127-142255.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211127-142258.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20211127-204010499-MP.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211127-142302.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211127-142304.jpg]

Over thanksgiving break, my family always goes to the Flaming Gorge area. We cut our Christmas tree down and we fish the Green River. In the past, I have struggled on the green. Having only caught two fish in my life out of several trips. Anyways, this year, we hiked way downstream to fish some new water and slayed the browns and a few cuttbows. (There is a video link below if any of you are interested)

Me and my dad have thrown Spinners, Crankbaits and several flies in the past and have never had a TON of luck so we decided to try something new. We both were throwing little jerkbaits (3-4" length) we tried several colors but silver/pearl white seemed to work the best. The twitch would get there attention, and then in the clear water we would pause the lure and watch them smash it! All fish were caught on the middle treble hook. You know their hungry if they are eating head first! It was an awesome day and we ended up catching 11 total. BY FAR our best day on the green!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsYsQT4cFI
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
good job. Nice looking fish. Thanks for sharing.
Good looking browns. Looks like you got the pic adding figured out, awesome.
Love those browns, they are some beautiful fish!
If you flip that hat around, the bill will keep the sun out of your eyes.
its a special fishery
stoked with what browns did for you
and i support you doing you and if your up for professional criticism
my friends a pro with bucu scribers and gram followers and puts out a hugeflyfisherman viddy every week
theres a real good reason none of em are longer than 5-10 minutes
more is just more
oh and embed that stuff
unless you really need the spew tube views 
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(12-01-2021, 01:43 PM)Saltslam Wrote: Love those browns, they are some beautiful fish!
If you flip that hat around, the bill  will keep the sun out of your eyes.

Yeah, that's the hat that I actually attach my GoPro to so normally it is covering my eyes. Had to turn it around to get the good lighting for the pic.
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Miss fly fishing that river...had many epic days there with 40+ fish averaging 20"s, especially during the cicada hatches. And the scenery can't be beat on section A. There are also monsters on the lower sections!
Nice fish keep going . Your reports are fun to read. Keep up your enthusiasm and good luck on your quests.
Try copper colored 1/16 oz. marabou jigs from Tubedude.
(12-04-2021, 05:09 AM)BG1 Wrote: Try copper colored 1/16 oz. marabou jigs from Tubedude.

Haven't thought those, I'll have to give them a try!